2007 Prices, Options, & Specifications - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 18th July 2006

Join Date: Aug 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc Manual
Default 2007 Prices, Options, & Specifications

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ntr?kbb.NY;;NY081&11379&nmmc;;&;;nc;&Saab;9-3;2007

Build your own!

Last edited by 5Saab; 18th July 2006 at 01:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                
My Saabs: 06 95 aero

Look at this, they make you get onstar if you want Navigation!!! Now that is just great!!
Screw you GM!
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: Had a 2007 9-3 Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by schernov
Look at this, they make you get onstar if you want Navigation!!! Now that is just great!!
Screw you GM!
How is that a screw you? No one says you have to continue the OnStar Service past your initial FREE year. If you don't like it, just don't use it. That's what my dad did in his GMC Envoy.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: '03 9-3SS Vector

Quote:
Screw you GM!
Well the OnStar is the GPS reciever - that kinda makes sense.

though...

Interesting you now have to pay for it - how times have changed from this release in 2004 (from VW Vortex Google Cache), (check out the brand recognition heading), where it was to be fitted as standard to all the GM fleet.

As GM pushes OnStar, other brands bail out - Automotive News

DETROIT -- As General Motors expands its promotion of OnStar in GM cars, other automakers are dropping the service, which they say has appealed to very few customers. And that's fine with GM, which no longer is promoting it aggressively to competing brands.

Audi and Subaru stopped selling the push-button communication system on new cars this model year. Volkswagen will stop offering it next model year. Volkswagen owns Audi. Honda's Acura Division may drop it as well, says Dan Bonawitz, vice president for corporate planning and logistics at American Honda Motor Co. "It is a subject that we are giving serious consideration," Bonawitz says. "Initially, OnStar was trying to attract many different customers and was promoting OnStar. Now their strategy has shifted to equipping almost every vehicle and promoting GM and OnStar very, very tightly."

Car executives say the close association that GM has built with OnStar, low customer acceptance and emerging technologies make OnStar less attractive to GM's competitors. OnStar is a two-way wireless communication system between drivers and GM. OnStar reports it has about 3 million subscribers across GM and import brands.

The basic service is called "Safe and Sound." For $16.95 a month, or $199 a year, OnStar monitors vehicle locations and will send emergency vehicles when airbags deploy in an accident. The "Luxury and Leisure" package cost $69.95 a month, or $799 a year, for services such as personal concierge, remote vehicle diagnostics, driving directions and roadside assistance.

A tough sell

Volkswagen says it's having a hard time selling subscriptions. "Our take rates at Volkswagen are running less than 1 percent," says spokesman Patrick Hespen. He says installation for OnStar was running around 12 percent for all Audi models when they discontinued offering it on new vehicles.

At Subaru, "We did not see the subscription renewal or desire from the customers warranting keeping it," says spokesman Dominick Infante. "We are studying the possibility of getting OnStar again." Subaru would not provide subscription rate numbers for any of the years it offered OnStar. GM owns 20 percent of Subaru's parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.

Among carmakers not affiliated with GM, only Toyota's Lexus Division has announced an expansion of its OnStar offerings. Lexus will market OnStar under the brand Lexus Link on the 2006 GX 470 and LX 470 SUVs as a safety and security tool. For 2007, the company says it plans to expand the service to some GS and LS sedans. Lexus stopped offering OnStar in 2003 before bringing it back for the two models in 2006. It stopped offering Lexus Link because of hardware costs associated with the wireless industry's switch from analog to digital networks. Lexus says those considerations have ended. OnStar, like many wireless cell phone carriers, now operates on a digital network. The digital network gives OnStar greater ability to send and receive data.

Isuzu will continue to offer OnStar as an option on the 2006 Ascender. GM owns 12 percent of the company and makes the Ascender for Isuzu.

Brand recognition

OnStar is focused on helping GM sell cars and trucks. This year, GM announced that OnStar would become standard on all retail vehicles it produces. The company also said it would begin marketing OnStar aggressively as a GM brand. The idea is to link the service's safety and security appeal with GM vehicles to help drive sales. "GM first," said OnStar President Chet Huber in an interview last week. "There will be millions and millions of GM vehicles produced equipped with OnStar." Huber said OnStar has no plans to court new non-GM automotive manufacturers or keep existing ones. He said OnStar is willing to allow non-GM automotive customers to brand the service, as Lexus did with Lexus Link. "We have relationships today with other manufacturers, and we will absolutely commit to fulfill everything we've got out there," Huber said. The company declined to detail how many non-GM monthly subscribers it had or release figures on its advertising or operating budgets.

Last edited by SMHarman; 18th July 2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 18th July 2006

Join Date: Aug 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSpinnst
How is that a screw you? No one says you have to continue the OnStar Service past your initial FREE year. If you don't like it, just don't use it. That's what my dad did in his GMC Envoy.
Are you forgetting that the FREE year isn't free at all because you have to pay $700 for the installation of the OnStar system from the getgo!!!

Old 18th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: '03 9-3SS Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Saab
Are you forgetting that the FREE year isn't free at all because you have to pay $700 for the installation of the OnStar system from the getgo!!!

As GM have now made OnStar an option, in 03 it was standard.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9 SS Steel Gray / Slate Gray

Maybe that package includes the Bluetooth capabilities.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9 Arc

Just checked the new price list(euro prices), and although it's possible to get Bluetooth integration (TEL4) it's not coming for free... Price is 850€

Some stereo prices:
E2-S3 Saab Infotainment – 300W 6 CD-changer 1 100,00 €
E4-S2 Saab Infotainment Plus – 150W navigation and voice recognition, CD-player 2 500,00 €
E4-S3 Saab Infotainment Plus – 300W navigation and voice recognition, CD-player 2 900,00 €

Bose:
Bose audiosystem (Sport Sedan) 300W 9 speakers - can be combined with E2-S3 and E4-S3

I am not sure about this, does it mean that Infotainment plus is not availble with cd-changer...?

Last edited by colombo; 18th July 2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: SAAB-less

Quote:
It screws you because if you want nav you have to buy onstar which is $700 for an option you don't want meaning that you're paying a ginormous $2840 MSRP for nav. That's ridiculous, and the turd on top is that you don't even get bluetooth.

OTHER OPTIONS
---Communication System, OnStar 626.00 695.00
---Navigation System, DVD-Based1, 931.00 2,145.00
(Std w/Navigation/Audio Pkg) (Deletes Std 6-Disc CD Changer in Dash on Aero) (Req's OnStar Communication System)

Last edited by johnc_22; 18th July 2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Crazy

From what I see on the pictures, it seems as it is a Double-Din head unit... I think it would be a lot better to get an aftermarket unit.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                
My Saabs: 06 95 aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22
It screws you because if you want nav you have to buy onstar which is $700 for an option you don't want meaning that you're paying a ginormous $2840 MSRP for nav. That's ridiculous, and the turd on top is that you don't even get bluetooth.

OTHER OPTIONS
---Communication System, OnStar 626.00 695.00
---Navigation System, DVD-Based1, 931.00 2,145.00
(Std w/Navigation/Audio Pkg) (Deletes Std 6-Disc CD Changer in Dash on Aero) (Req's OnStar Communication System)
Exactly! At this point I have had it with GM and their Onstar. They can take it and shove it you know where.
Old 18th July 2006
Saab Crazy

I am glad my 2006 Saab Aero doesnt have OnStar, I can use this space for installing my Bluetooth adaptor
Old 19th July 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: Had a 2007 9-3 Aero

Quote:
Exactly! At this point I have had it with GM and their Onstar. They can take it and shove it you know where.
I bet if they just had stuffed it into the package (and just raised the price) you people wouldn't even notice. GM does this ALL the time on A LOT of cars.

Besides you are ALREADY paying $2200 for a navigation system. Obviously price is not an issue for you. Buy a Map, that's what $6, pocket the other $2000 and change
Old 19th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: SAAB-less

Quote:
I bet if they just had stuffed it into the package (and just raised the price) you people wouldn't even notice. GM does this ALL the time on A LOT of cars.

Besides you are ALREADY paying $2200 for a navigation system. Obviously price is not an issue for you. Buy a Map, that's what $6, pocket the other $2000 and change
Better yet buy a really small nav unit like a Nuvi 350 that you can carry with you from car to car and pay about $700 for. Or, better yet, get a GSM iPaq that has GPS built-in and use your phone/pda as a navigation unit mounted on your dash.

GOOD integrated nav units are nice to have but you're right, $2K+ for nav is a bit steep and really a huge profit center for the manufacturers when you consider what's available for well less than half the price aftermarket.

If not for SAAB I'd have nothing to do with GM, and the way things are going I'm about through with them either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement