When will Integrated Bluetooth come out? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 1st July 2006
SaabNut!

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2009 9-3 Aero XWD (Lemon Law Returned)
Default When will Integrated Bluetooth come out?

I have a 2006 9-3 Aero, Laser Red w/ all the trimmings, but I'd really like integrated bluetooth. I heard it was coming out in August. does anyone know anything about that? Cost, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2nd July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: Now: 2006 Silver 9-3 Aero 6M Sport Sedan

In the States, it will come out when OnStar rolls over and dies ... sadly, prolly not a day before
Old 2nd July 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 Arc

Um, never, remember who owns Saab. Whan was tha last time they have ever been on the cutting edge?
I think Kia will have it before GM does.
Old 2nd July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: Now: 2006 Silver 9-3 Aero 6M Sport Sedan

They do have it in Europe ... have since the begining of this model ... even with GM ownership. The problem isn't that GM owns Saab, the problem is GM has ridiculous contracts with OnStar in the States & won't "step on their toes" by offering a phone solution which would take away from any chance of OnStar getting business. The sad part is that the current cars (since '05?) don't even have OnStar, but I guess it is supposed to be making a return next year? Yippee
Old 2nd July 2006
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: '06 9-3 Aero SportCombi

??

SAAB was the first maker (globally) to intro Bluetooth back in '03 (but not available in the US, due to a conflict with Onstar). Trionic (9000), active head restraints (9-5), light pressure turbos (9-3, 9-5), asymmetric turbocharging (9-5 V6) are just some of the current SAAB innovations under GM's influence.

The Aero X, the E100 9-3 Biopower Hybrid concept cars are just a indication of the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegajb
Um, never, remember who owns Saab. Whan was tha last time they have ever been on the cutting edge?
I think Kia will have it before GM does.

Last edited by SAAB007; 2nd July 2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2nd July 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAB007
??

SAAB was the first maker (globally) to intro Bluetooth back in '03 (but not available in the US, due to a conflict with Onstar). Trionic (9000), active head restraints (9-5), light pressure turbos (9-3, 9-5), asymmetric turbocharging (9-5 V6) are just some of the current SAAB innovations under GM's influence.

The Aero X, the E100 9-3 Biopower Hybrid concept cars are just a indication of the future...
Safety has never been an issue but things like Nav, Bluetooth, Aux have been late to market only after amost everyone else has beaten them to it.

A concept car doen't mean it will ever be in prosuction and if GM keeps loosing money I doubt we will ever see them.
Old 2nd July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2003                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3CV Aero TTiD 180

Quote:
Safety has never been an issue but things like Nav, Bluetooth, Aux have been late to market only after amost everyone else has beaten them to it.

A concept car doen't mean it will ever be in prosuction and if GM keeps loosing money I doubt we will ever see them.

Only problem with your post is that the Bluetooth and Aux functionality was actually reasonably early to market in the rest of the world.

Admittedly the implementation of both systems could have been better from a technical and deployment point of view, but back in late 02, not many cars had these features. The 9-3 had both, sort of.........
Old 2nd July 2006
SaabNut!

Quote:
Other carmakers didn't beat SAAB to to punch-SAAB beat them. However, GM's (and thus SAABs) relationship with Onstar in the US prevented the 9-3s Bluetooth introduction in the US. The NAV option was delayed in the US due to development of the US map DVD. AUX came out in '05, and is retrofittable in current 9-3s. Volvo and Audi don't even offer AUX in.

My Dad's uber expensive Mark Levinson audio system in his '05 Lexus LX470 doesn't even have an AUX in feature.

What's your point?

Quote:
A concept car doen't mean it will ever be in prosuction(?sp) and if GM keeps loosing money I doubt we will ever see them.
True. Concept cars are just that-concepts. However, if SAABs future were SOOOO gloomy, I wold venture to say that GM wouldn't have let SAAB even bother designing let alone spend the money to develop a concept such as the radical Aero X.

The Aero X is unique in that it is a concept that IS a (albeit limited) working, road worthy car. In fact, all of SAABs concept cars (not that there have been many) have been working vehicles.

Most concepts are just pretty looking cars that wouldn't even start.

Last edited by SAAB007; 2nd July 2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 2nd July 2006
SaabNut!

My Saabs: 2007 9-5 Aero Sedan

Caddy offers bluetooth and onstar. What's the difference?
Old 2nd July 2006
SaabNut!

I think the new Caddys have the new digital Onstar. The 9-3SSs to date have had analog Onstar. IIRC, the incompatiblity had something to do with Onstar's analog phone capability which used a proprietary network carrier which delayed/prevented Bluetooth's US integration in the 9-3SS.

SAAB has been coy about the real reasons given, but suffice it to say that Bluetooth in GM cars (namely, Cadillac) has only been in recently intro'ed models, which have digital Onstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabexprt
Caddy offers bluetooth and onstar. What's the difference?
Old 3rd July 2006

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Linear
They do have it in Europe ... have since the begining of this model ... even with GM ownership. The problem isn't that GM owns Saab, the problem is GM has ridiculous contracts with OnStar in the States & won't "step on their toes" by offering a phone solution which would take away from any chance of OnStar getting business. The sad part is that the current cars (since '05?) don't even have OnStar, but I guess it is supposed to be making a return next year? Yippee
Whilst we have Bluetooth- The only thing it is good for is transferring contact details from your phone- ie virtually useless. It does NOT integrate so you can make calls etc. I have the built in phone for calls.

I belive integrated bluetooth is happenning soon though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement