Sound System help needed - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning

NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 17th June 2006

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3SS, silver, 2.0t
Default Sound System help needed

I just got a 2003 93 linear. I want to beef up the sound system but i dont know anything about this stuff. Everyone here seems uber knowledgable so i figured id ask. I have the 7 speaker system currently installed and the stock head unit with the in-dash 6 disk cd changer. I am looking to put in a sub and i know i need an amp to go along with it. I dont need a system that really really hits, just to make the bass richer. My questions are:
What are decent brands for subs and amps?
If i want to put in 1 12" sub, what wattage would i need?
Same as above but 2 10" instead?
I am good at soldering and such, would i be able to install it myself?
If not, where is a good place to have a system installed?
Any recommened setups?
THanks for your help guys.

edit: I am looking at this sub: Bazooka BT1014. From what ive read it fits my needs. Is this a good choice or is there a better solution? What is a good amp to go with (specs wise)? Thanks again.
edit2: I found this amp on Crutchfielf refurbed for $159.99. Kenwood KAC-7252. Is this amp any good? Is this all i need (plus the essesntial hookups)? THanks again.

Last edited by fightclub; 17th June 2006 at 03:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17th June 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: 94 900s,00 Vig,01 SE Wgn,73 240Z,01 Vig

just put that kenwood amp in my 1994 ng900s, and I think that it is an awesome amplifier that sounds great. very powerful and I integrated the remote into my dash in the place of two dumy switches. also for subwoofers, I have a kingwood 12" subwoofer that my friend got for less than thirty usd off ebay, and it sounds way better than his dual jvc warren or his dual twelve rockford fosgate punchs or the dual mtx 10's and pretty much as loud as any of those setups, and its 500watt max output..I would highly recommend one ten or twelve inch subwoofer because it can sound great and still allow much space in the vehicle..my bass system with stock everyhthing sounds much better than any other bass systems I;ve heard and people are droppin hundredsin, oh yea, my box it a put-together-yourself schosche or sumthin branded one from meijer, and its awesome
Old 17th June 2006
Saab Lunatic

and go with a cheaper priced wiring kit, I have this one and its definitely the best deal I;ve seen since it has some free tweaters and has the most stuff in it http://cgi.ebay.com/1000-1500-WATT-A...QQcmdZViewItem

but when I got it it was on some other website and about half that price totaled, so just get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32808 same brand different kit and its cheaper though so
Old 17th June 2006

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3SS, silver, 2.0t

thanks for the feedback... that amp is looking good so i think ill prolly snag it at... i may be getting a sub off of a friend so we shall see... thanks for the help snowboardin58... anyone else have any suggestions/tips/hints? thanks
Old 17th June 2006
Saab Lunatic

I almost bought the amplifier refurbished, but I decided I needed to have the full one year warranty vs 30 or 90 days or whatever..how are you getting the amplifier hooked up to the stock head unit? I am not sure what it is like on those new cars(this is the ng900 and og9-3 forum!) but if the preamp out is din then thats great because I was able to find an adapter to let me keep my stock appearance

Last edited by snowboardin58; 17th June 2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 17th June 2006
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2001 9-3 SE auto

im not sure if they still make it, but there is something called an Infinity "Basslink" I had this in my VW a few years ago and it was amazing. It is an all in one unit, has its own professional class amp and the subwoofer is matched perfectly for the internal amp, so it gets really LOUD. Also, being from infinity, the sound is awsome. The response range was much higher than simular prices units, and it got way way way down into the lows.

I think new, it was about $400 with the wireing and a remote to control bass level.

Used off ebay ~$200. Nice and simple, clean looking, and doesnt eat hardly any trunk space!

Just my .02 tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement