2007 9-3 interior photo - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan/Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop
Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 25-05-06
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                
My Saabs: NO MORE SAAB FOR ME
Default 2007 9-3 interior photo

Courtesy of Trollhattan Saab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-05-06

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: Midnight Blue '03 93 SS

not sure that i like that so much...

Im not a big fan of the wood grain and the dash looks less "sporty"
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: Feb 2006                                                

bad bad move to ditch the SID display. That is an essential feature, bunch of idiots, glad I went for an 06
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: Feb 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 2.0T SC
Default Ergo Issue?

How do you adjust the center and right HVAC knobs if there's a cup in the cupholder? Just curious...
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: Feb 2005                                                

My pretty SAAB. What have they done?!
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
Thumbs down Not Bad . . .

if it was viewed by itself.

But look at it next to pics of the Chevy Impala or HHR interior and you start liking it less and less. With every generic GM product that you see that head unit and those climate controls in, the thought of seeing them in what is supposed to be such a unique car just gets more and more upsetting.

Just have to keep telling ourselves (and hoping its true) that this is all just a "bandaid" solution to let Saab transition to the full redesign of each model.

As for me, I'm stepping up my efforts to make sure I get my hands on an '06!
Old 25-05-06
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Sep 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3 Linear-Gone

Are you sure this isn't some cruel trick by Saab to sell all of the remaining '06 9-3s immediately? God that is hideous. I'll reserve my '06 Aero right now...
Old 25-05-06

My Saabs: 2003 9-3 Linear 2.0T Automatic
Default ahh

Next its gonna be the center ignition switch. Ahh i hate those generic looking radio/air controls. This is noooot good folks. I also don't like the wood.
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: May 2004                                                

I am disgusted with that picture. Generic/corporate bin radio, no sid. They should leave it the way it is and wait for the Epsilon II version to work something out if this is the best they can do.

Just update the navi, and work on the next version. I was waiting for the '07, but I might have to rethink that one really hard
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 Volvo S60R now

Urrrk.... I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Are they CRAZY? It's one thing to brand engineer bits of the saab into the rest of the line, but to see them spilling bits over into the 9-3? We know the 9-2 and 9-7 were going to be mostly parts bin, but this? And no SID? Unless that little nub thing we see there is a HUD projector, this is a baaad change.
Old 25-05-06
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I've never seen those controls and such outside of a Saab, and I have to say I think it looks great. I think the simplification makes it resemble the old 900 in a way. I'd say you guys are just biased, but I'll save judgement until after I've had the change to use them.
Old 25-05-06
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                
My Saabs: 06 95 aero

Onstar is back....but I bet you MOST fiber bus is GONE! Those generic radios are not fiber attached. And Onstar box is going to be digital but not retrofitable to the older9-3s. Dual sim GSM phone is going to be history in Europe.
Welcome to the State of GM-dependence.

I am going to keep my 2003 US Vector - it will probably appreciat in price once 2007 hit the market.
Old 25-05-06

My Saabs: 2004 9-3

oh - the sky is not falling. I actually think that it looks pretty good. Much better ergonomically.
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T SportCombi |'93 9K CSE (RIP)

Well, on their own merit the HVAC and audio controls are simple and ergonomic (Saab-esque) but some folks feel slighted that they are GM parts bin sourced. To each his own. The auto critics will like it, since they hated the QWERTY keyboard on the previous dash

The wood grain reminds me of the Volvo S80
Old 25-05-06

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
Unhappy Those Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag-X
I've never seen those controls and such outside of a Saab, and I have to say I think it looks great. I think the simplification makes it resemble the old 900 in a way. I'd say you guys are just biased, but I'll save judgement until after I've had the change to use them.
That head unit resides in the Chevy Impala, HHR, and Monte Carlo, the Saturn Sky and the upcoming Saturn Aura. That head unit made it's debut last year and will continue to find it's way into more GM products.

The climate controls (also somewhat new) are relatively unique to Saab in how they function, but they have very close counterparts that are in the Saturn Sky and Hummer H3.

The way I see it, Saab is meant to stand out as being not quite like any other car on the road. They're now supposed to be "Born from Jets," not "born from parts bin."

Don't get me wrong, I understand globalization as much as anyone, but with Saab being the brand GM envisions competing with the likes of Audi, Volvo, and even BMW, they are going to have to do better than this. There should not be a single thing that I can find in a $16,000 HHR that is common with a SAAB, much less the central focal point of the dash.

I refer to my orignial post on this topic, I just hope this is a stop gap for future glory!

To each their own of course, but that's my take.

Last edited by STLSaabGuy; 26-05-06 at 12:15 AM.
Old 25-05-06
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T

... doesn't bother me ...

The 9-3SS is a nice car. I'd love to have one some day, and a radio that looks good and works isn't going to stop me just because it's in other GM cars.
Old 26-05-06
apzer09

I think the simpler ACC and audio controls will be much appreciated, and the lighter wood looks better to me than the overly dark wood that goes along with the really dark interior. I am glad it doesn't look exactly like the Cadillac BLS, though.
Old 26-05-06
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 Aero V-Tuned

Yuck. Seriously. It looks...hacked together. Not cohesive. Maybe it will look better with the all-metal trim of the Aero. And no more SID at the base of the windshield? Now integrated into the speedometer like in the 9-5? Stupid. That was a feature that was both good ergonomically and pretty cool as well (I don't think anyone's not commented on it upon getting into my car for the first time). The little sensor on the top of the dash is the sun sensor for the ACC, same as what's on top of the SID now. What's interesting is that right below it is what almost looks like a little jet logo. Anyone else see that? Also, doesn't look like any more center speaker, maybe? Hard to tell. Rumors of a Bose system for 2007, right? Without the ICM, I wonder how much they had to re-engineer the communications bus system(s) in the car.

I dunno. Overall, I'm sure it will appease the "sea of buttons" critics, but personally, well, it makes the car a little less "Saab".

Also, what's with the leather on the handbrake and smart slot?

So are we definitely sure this isn't a photochop?
Old 26-05-06
apzer09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu
Yuck. Seriously. It looks...hacked together. Not cohesive. Maybe it will look better with the all-metal trim of the Aero. And no more SID at the base of the windshield? Now integrated into the speedometer like in the 9-5? Stupid. That was a feature that was both good ergonomically and pretty cool as well (I don't think anyone's not commented on it upon getting into my car for the first time). The little sensor on the top of the dash is the sun sensor for the ACC, same as what's on top of the SID now. What's interesting is that right below it is what almost looks like a little jet logo. Anyone else see that? Also, doesn't look like any more center speaker, maybe? Hard to tell. Rumors of a Bose system for 2007, right? Without the ICM, I wonder how much they had to re-engineer the communications bus system(s) in the car.

I dunno. Overall, I'm sure it will appease the "sea of buttons" critics, but personally, well, it makes the car a little less "Saab".

Also, what's with the leather on the handbrake and smart slot?

So are we definitely sure this isn't a photochop?
Oh, it's definitely a photochop. But it's a representation of what it the new interior will look like. There was an 06 9-5 photochop last year that wasn't put together well, but it looked better in the flesh (although some would still like to disagree with me on that).

I'm really holding most of my opinions until I see the real thing. When I saw the 9-5 picture I hated it, and when I saw the first spyshots I was still shocked. But after being in one and driving it, I think it has a better feel than it did before. I like the current 9-3, but it could stand to be simpler.
Old 26-05-06

Join Date: Oct 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-3 Aero M6

The current Saab 9-3 dash, even with too many buttons, looks so awesome at night.....it really makes the car. After seeing this generic GM version, I'm REALLY glad I have my 2004. The new one is nothing special, and nothing like a Saab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement