what is the turbo upgrade for a 2003 9-3 vector/aero - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10th May 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 silver saab vector
Default what is the turbo upgrade for a 2003 9-3 vector/aero

I've seen a mitsubishi turbo listed I think on the hirsch site but I'm sure I could get a hold of that turbo else where for a better price.

Can anyone tell me which turbo would i need?

I'm guessing I would need an intercooler as well for the heat?

would any of those godspeed intercoolers work?

I've seen a post where someone said they had a Viggen intercooler on an new 9-3 aero? Tue or false

last question? do I need a tech II guy to remap my ecu for this upgrade I'm assuming that another yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10th May 2006
Banned

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2k4 9-3 Arc & 1988 9000s

The only turbo upgrade I've heard of was stage 5 for the linear I think it was. There is an intercooler for the 9-3ss but it is VERY expensive, also software will cost you an arm and a leg. You just got your BSR PPC didnt you?!? Why dont you get an air intake and exhaust first... then if you really want get the 3 inch downpipe and stage 3 software from BSR.
Old 10th May 2006

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2003 Saab 9-3

http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htmThere's a turbo upgrade under Products.
Old 10th May 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 silver saab vector

catually my BSR PPC came in the mail today but they didn't leave i so I have to wait until tomorrow. I'm just looking around doing some research to see what my options are and what direction to go in from here. You're right baout the intercooler its far to expensive and thats without the software plus install isnt that easy taking off the bumper and all. I'm guessing u have to fabricate some kind of a front mount as well right? What about those godspeen intercoolers?

Grou9 said they have an intercooler that doesn't need a tech II adjustment after install, its 1100 though so you're right it will probably be a pipe first then don't know what.
Old 10th May 2006
Banned

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2k4 9-3 Arc & 1988 9000s

Without a techII adjustment you wont see any gain in power... Once you get into spending that much money you will actually see a better increase in power per dollar by selling your car and buying a 2.8T and going stage one.

Also bryan it says that the turbo upgrade is with their software, their software takes the car to 230bhp. The BSR PPC takes it to 247 at stage one, stage 3 is closer to 280bhp..... So like I said before, BSRs stage 3 = best option unless you get a 2.8T

Last edited by soggy; 10th May 2006 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement