Took The Plunge 1 Hr Ago... - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 27th April 2006

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Aero Convertible
Default Took The Plunge 1 Hr Ago...

Just signed a deal to trade in my wife's 2000 CLK 320 for an 9-3 V6 Aero Convertible with stick. I have some lingering concerns about reliability and the harsh depreciation these cars seem to take, but have taken the plunge nonetheless.

Decided against another verts - CLK or the Audi as we wanted something that was closer to a sports car than a cruiser. Decided against the BMW because the 2006 is long in the tooth, the 2007 will be "Bangled" and there are already too many of them where I live. Loved the way the Saab drove/handled/performned (not far behind a 330i cab) - much prefered it's looks, and the seats are possibly the best I have sat in (comfort/support).

We couldn't get a special edition (electric blue) with 6 spd, so close second colour choice was Steel Grey (with parchment int). We had to factory order, getting the touring pak and upgrade to SE wheels. Now just need to wait 8 weeks or so for arrival.

OK - does anyone have some pics they could post or PM me on a car with same colors as ours? - We were not able to see this combo all one one car. Much appreciated.

Glenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27th April 2006
Banned

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2k4 9-3 Arc & 1988 9000s

I have the same paint but different interrior.. and i have a body kit, spoiler, and wheels so I dont think mine will look much like yours

Congrats on the new car, I'm sure you'll love it, and welcome to the forums!
Old 27th April 2006

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9 Linear SS, 2001 9-5 2.3t

Congratulations on your purchase! I hope you'll love it as much as I love mine. I too had lingering concers, but for some reason, ignored them and went ahead with the purchase. This is the most fun car I have ever driven!

Congrats again!!
Old 27th April 2006

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9 Aero SS

Congrats on the purchase. You won't regret your decision when the car arrives and you have the joy of driving it home!
Old 27th April 2006

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9 Aero SS

Just reading through a different thread and saw that llaroo has a Steel Gray SC with parchment interior. Might try PM-ing them to get the pics you requested.
Old 28th April 2006

Thanks a lot for the lead - will do.
Old 28th April 2006
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 SS Aero

Sounds like we are dealing with the same dealership and probably the same sales guy . . .

I'm pretty sure that they had a steel gray sport combi with parchment interior in their storage compound (off site). Maybe give your sales guy a call tomorrow and ask if they do so that you can check it out (at least to see how the two colors look together).

Was the 20th anniversary edition still in the showroom today ? It was last week. What a sweet lookin ride.

Nice purchase by the way. Pretty good chance we'll be picking up our cars around the same time . . .
Old 28th April 2006

Hey Pokerguy.

My wife and I test drove a Black Aero convertible Auto at Richmond Saturn/Saab. They had the Blue SE in the showroom - beautiful colour combo - would have taken that over the grey if we could have gotten a stick - appe=arently there are 3 of them on Ontarion - but dealers wouldn't part with them. Although the salesman personified car salesman, we would have done a deal with them if they had made a reasonable offer.

They tried to stick it to us on trade of our CLK convertible - gave me "comparable" prices that were for coupes instead of verts - I really do not look that stupid....

I am over in Victoria almost every week on biz, so went there - they were way more willing to deal, dealt with the manager - found him to be very straight up guy (OK for a car dealer) - got a $5,000 net diff better price . I did way better there than what Richmond would offer - oh well, their loss.
Old 28th April 2006

Join Date: Feb 2006                                                

my sport combi in Steel grey with Parchment interior has landed and is sitting in a ship or a dock in Halifax for the last week. I'm getting anxious because I want it now! Still has to clear customs, throw it on a train to Toronto and do the PDI. I better have it by this time next week!
Old 29th April 2006

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                

Congrats on the new ride. The dealer by my house has 2 20th Annv. editions... and they are really pretty. I ordered my Fushion Blue Aero Convt. with every option (except for auto) via the EDS and they were still taking orders for the Annv. edition... could you not have ordered the special edtion model?
Old 29th April 2006

Hi Robert

Yeah, the Fusion Blue is very nice - but also very similar to the colour of our CLK - so wanted something different.

I was told (on Thursday) that the Anniversary Edition cars were all built - not taking any more factory orders. Anyone else heard if this is the case or not?

If we could get an Anniversary Blue - I think we'd take that over the Steel Grey.
Old 29th April 2006

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab_BC
Hi Robert

Yeah, the Fusion Blue is very nice - but also very similar to the colour of our CLK - so wanted something different.

I was told (on Thursday) that the Anniversary Edition cars were all built - not taking any more factory orders. Anyone else heard if this is the case or not?

If we could get an Anniversary Blue - I think we'd take that over the Steel Grey.
I saw one on Ebay a few days ago... said that would ship to Canada. Not sure how that would work. My last Saab Convt. was Steel Grey so I wanted to go a different direction.
Old 30th April 2006

It's a beautiful day here - out with the family - and what pulls up curbisde but a guy out for a cruise with his young daughter in a top down 2005 Aero convertible - Steel Grey/Parchment 2.0T. Fortunately he has ben really happy with the car - no bad experiences to report.

Anyhow - have no second thoughts anymore - looked just great. Was woried that the yellow tone of the parchment would not mate well to the steel grey - but it looks great. I think the grey interior would have looked to monochromatic for our taste. Now just need to be patient till about late June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement