SaabCentral Forums banner

Who has the most miles on their Viggen

1K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Ribz80 
#1 ·
I keep seeing people buy Viggens with real low mileage, well who has real high miles on their Viggen??

Mine 00 silver 5 door just about 79k miles.

#10 ·
saabs&dubs said:
Nah I will hang on to mine...less history;)

Do you travel down to the Gansett Wakefield area at all??
Can't blame you there, but worth a try :cheesy: I never believed that "LUCK" really existed.. till I bought this car :roll:

I'm not an RI'er by birth, so I really dont know much about this place other than this puny bumpy island, so I really have no idea how far off Narragansett, etc are. Do you have good roads down there? 'Cause I got some buddies that'd be psyched to come for a ride if there's good backroads driving to be had :cool:

Enjoy those Vigs, Fellas, and pray for as little History as possible with them.

#18 ·
BoulderViggen said:
84,899 miles...just drove from Boulder, CO to Cambridge, MA (2000 miles)...with an average speed of 102.46 mph....the car was so comfortable.

'00 Coupe
Wow, this seems *almost* physically impossible, unless you are not counting stops... Since the SID doesnt record tenths or hundredths of a MPH, I would assume this is a calculation you made?

Did you max it out at all?

#19 ·
It was my "moving" average that was computed by my Garmin Nuvi GPS....my over all average was 6 mph slower.

Never maxxed the car out on this trip....I had my mountain bike on the roof, but I did run the car up over 140 a few times for 15min + when traffic was non-existant....(I may be crazy...but I don't want to be passing cars doing more then 15mph faster then them....)

#21 ·
BoulderViggen said:
It was my "moving" average that was computed by my Garmin Nuvi GPS....my over all average was 6 mph slower.

Never maxxed the car out on this trip....I had my mountain bike on the roof, but I did run the car up over 140 a few times for 15min + when traffic was non-existant....(I may be crazy...but I don't want to be passing cars doing more then 15mph faster then them....)
:eek:

Yeah, approach speeds are best kept low, as many people dont look back very far before changing lanes, if at all :roll:

Does that GPS dealy measure cornering G's?

#24 ·
BoulderViggen said:
Does that GPS dealy measure cornering G's? - what do you mean by that?
I read a magazine article where they had a GPS unit that could measure stuff like acceleration, deceleration, speed, and cornering acceleration. What I meant by 'measure cornering G's' was, " Can the GPS unit you have measure the amount of cornering traction your car can create."

I beleive that the Viggen article (in a Road and Track article IIRC) quoted the Viggen as being able to corner at 0.78 G's (G = a measurement of force equal to that of gravity.)

If I had a meter like that, I could've measured cornering G's in some of my favorite corners pre and post 22mm rear ARB install, etc.

Apologies for the threadjacking, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

#25 ·
Fast_Ed said:
I read a magazine article where they had a GPS unit that could measure stuff like acceleration, deceleration, speed, and cornering acceleration. What I meant by 'measure cornering G's' was, " Can the GPS unit you have measure the amount of cornering traction your car can create."

I beleive that the Viggen article (in a Road and Track article IIRC) quoted the Viggen as being able to corner at 0.78 G's (G = a measurement of force equal to that of gravity.)

If I had a meter like that, I could've measured cornering G's in some of my favorite corners pre and post 22mm rear ARB install, etc.

Apologies for the threadjacking, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
I hope to god you are wrong and the cornering G's were not .78. That is what a Minivan does. For the Vig I would expect .87-.93. I bought a copy of that article on ebay just yesterday lol.

#26 ·
Ribz80 said:
I hope to god you are wrong and the cornering G's were not .78. That is what a Minivan does. For the Vig I would expect .87-.93. I bought a copy of that article on ebay just yesterday lol.
Ah, perhaps it was a slight case of time induced dyslexia... It may have been .87 G's.. But I dont think so...

There are a couple of R&T articles out there on the Vig. I think I've read both the '99 and the '01 tests. The earlier one is the one I'm attempting to quote; it's part of a special sports car edition of R&T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.