Vehicle service history - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge
The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 29th December 2005
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 9-5 SE V6
Default Vehicle service history

Hi everyone, I wanted to post this in the lounge so that I could get as many opinions as possible:

How can I find out what the original owner had done to my car? Is there somewhere I can go to find out the service history? Is there a way for me to even get in touch with the previous owner?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Fima
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th December 2005
Saabista

Join Date: Dec 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1989 900t, 1990 900t, 1990 900 S, 87 SPG

How much paperwork do you have on the car? Typically you'd have the original owner's contact info in the service booklet. Saab should know the info in their database as well.

Unless it was actually done at Saab I don't know how much service history you could find out though.
Turbo allows the valiant who has appeared at the wheel SAAB to gain momentum for 200 km/h Charm SAAB Turbo also that it to you not bad Porsche on it it is possible with speed of pregnant turtle feeling itself in full comfort which by the way our hero obeys a rudder reliably and confidently the truth management hardly will twirl a steering wheel by one finger uneasy. Without the hydraulic booster quickly enough perishes a steering shaft, but to change its hemorrhoids from the most fierce
Old 29th December 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: 5 Red C900T16 Verts

Honda has a nice approach at their customer support web site. It's tracked by vin number and you get to comment on the service, as well as entering non honda provided service. Things like radio codes and recalls are available.

Call Saab, I did. They found info on recalls.

Old 29th December 2005
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 9-5 SE V6

Thanks for the advice fellas...I will stop by a dealership soon and go from there...
Old 30th December 2005
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2009 Volvo S80 T6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by serencavalier
Thanks for the advice fellas...I will stop by a dealership soon and go from there...
There is a saab database (maybe named VIS I can't remember) that all the dealers log onto.

It goes by VIN and tells you the service history of the carr, (as long as it has been done at a Saab dealer)

I don't know if they give this out, but I got one accidentally from my dealer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement