ACC Problems -- post 08 fix - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 29th December 2005

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
Default ACC Problems -- post 08 fix

I had the Code 08 problem on my '99 9-5 and did the fix involving a piece of pvc pipe and a new stop arm. After that things seemed fine. At least I got cold air again on the driver's (left) side of my car.

But now that winter is setting in, I'm noticing that the air from the driver's side vents is not as hot as that from the passenger vents. I did some tests and with both sides set to HI, the air out of the passenger vents is noticeably hotter than the drivers. Likewise, with the settings on LO, the passenger isde is much colder. The drivers side still gets hotter and colder based on the settings, but the range is much narrower.

I ran the diagnostics, and didn't get any new codes.

It feels like the mixture is just sort of stuck near the middle.

Any tips on what to check, etc?

Thanks,

James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th December 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: '03 9-5 Aero manual

James,

I am familiar with the pvc fix you describe. I had the same problem (or thought I did). Turned out, my blend door shaft was fine, but the stop lever was broken and the blend door motor shaft had slipped causing the gears to miss (see this post)

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61499

I bought the aluminum shaft repair kit (still have it) but didn't end up using it. To make a long story short, I spoke with the guy who made the aluminum piece and who also posted the pvc pipe fix. Turns out, there can be problems with the pvc fix if the pieces are not "indexed" properly. I take it to mean that if the groove in the pvc pipe is not in the correct spot (rotated on the yellow piece properly), then you can still have temp issues even though you may not get the fault code. Can't say for certain, but I imagine this is probably the problem you are experiencing.
Old 29th December 2005

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
Default I thought it might be something like that

I think I'll pull the step mototr off today and rotate the shft by hand to see if I can get more heat.

What is confusing is that you'd think if it was indiexed wrong, that it would be consistently hot or cold, not just in the middle.

Other thoughts I've had is that the gear is slipping, but I think that would cause a code 08 as the motor would rotate too far.

Or maybe the slipping is beteen the pvc part and the shaft it is tryint to turn.

Will post whatever I discover...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement