Radio & ACC Removal for Aux In - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th December 2005

Join Date: Nov 2005                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 Linear
Default Radio & ACC Removal for Aux In

I've been reading alot of the aux-in and found two good guides, one from the link on the tech page and one from etadyne.

I was just curious, for the people who have installed it: 1) any issues with removing the radio/acc unit? Did you end up using a knife and was there any damage to the dash.

2) For the people that have installed the aux plug in it the center console. Any issues with using an ipod with a proclip mount on the dash? ie: with the wires sticking out, are you able to close the center console cover? I've heard of some people installing it right under the cd player in the center dash to avoid this.

Any pics would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th December 2005

My Saabs: 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear

I just installed this on Friday and it is well worth it! It was an easy installation and I didn't break anything

1) Nope, no problems removing the radio unit. I just used a butter knife and it popped right off without any damage.

2) Not sure what the proclip is, but I do know that you can close the center console with the wires hanging out.. I also plug my iPod charger in there and that wire also hangs out and the console is able to shut. No complains here

No pics though, sorry
Old 5th December 2005

My Saabs: '03 9-3 Linear 2.0t

Don't worry. I just used a butter knife. The material around the ACC seems to be relatively resilient. I had to jam it in between the dash and ACC to get the knife in there and no damage. It's alot easier than what i thought it was going to be.

No pictures. It's freezing outside.
Old 5th December 2005

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 SS Aero
Lightbulb

Easy to take the radio out, no damage.

As for the wire and your ipod, those smart Swedes put indents in the armrest ring for a wire to come out on both sides. This way you can lay the wire in the right spot, close the armrest, and not be doing any weird twisting to the hinges with it all wonky, or cutting your wire. I lay my ipod in the center cupholder and am able to slide the cover shut on it when I leave the car. Plus, it is easy to use while driving and keeping the eyes on the road.

>>NOTE<< I had a crazy rattle from the wire I used to jack in to my new Aux input. It was on cold days and the wire lay between the passanger front seat and the center console. It would rattle a little against the plastic, and it was a while before I figured it out. Fix: cable out of armrest, between the passenger seatbelt mount and seat, and then along carpet to iPod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement