A Cautionary Tale - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9-5

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12th September 2005
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2k 9-5 Aero MapTun 4.2
Default A Cautionary Tale

I believe we are are all honorable dudes and chaps on this forum. Unfortunately I was proven wrong and I have to change "all" in the previous sentence to 99.9E13% - and here is why:

A few months ago I worked a deal out with a Forumite for a set of rims - we agreed on a price for the rims and shipping, and I sent them to him (a few states north of me). He acknowledged their receipt on this forum.

After many promisory emails and phone conversations, I have not been paid a cent to date.

Unfortunately this has disintegrated to the point of my beginning the motions to file suit against this person in Small Claims court.

Now the percentage I stated above is pretty freaking good but please be careful guys and think twice and/or don't be as naive and trusting as I was.

I will not state his forum name in public but will respond to any PMs as it might save someone time and money.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12th September 2005
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Its sad that we really cant trust anyone these days, i hope you persue your claim with the full backing of the law and to its fullest extent
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 12th September 2005

Join Date: Oct 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 "TrollSport"

It is a shame the way the world is. I was ripped off some years back and dont trust any bugger now.

Sorry to hear the news !
Old 12th September 2005
Saabista

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Vector 2.2Tid

Sorry to hear that Bob.....hit me with a PM i'm interested to know the culprit.
Old 12th September 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 aero - a cosmic "blue rider"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaab
I believe we are are all honorable dudes and chaps on this forum. Unfortunately I was proven wrong and I have to change "all" in the previous sentence to 99.9E13% - and here is why:

A few months ago I worked a deal out with a Forumite for a set of rims - we agreed on a price for the rims and shipping, and I sent them to him (a few states north of me). He acknowledged their receipt on this forum.

After many promisory emails and phone conversations, I have not been paid a cent to date.

Unfortunately this has disintegrated to the point of my beginning the motions to file suit against this person in Small Claims court.

Now the percentage I stated above is pretty freaking good but please be careful guys and think twice and/or don't be as naive and trusting as I was.

I will not state his forum name in public but will respond to any PMs as it might save someone time and money.

Thats a tough hit bob, im like yourself in exuding the Ancient Tradition of "My word is my Bond"

But its true that there are still many beings out there whos words have no iron.

Small claims in the UK can be an abyss of legal claptrap (forget logic) and usually not worth the effort. Dont know about the USA, but take care with that route.

Sleep easier with the knowledge that in the subtle world, what gos around comes around and things tend to rebalance in time.
Old 12th September 2005
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriver
Sleep easier with the knowledge that in the subtle world, what gos around comes around and things tend to rebalance in time.
I'll drink to that
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 12th September 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Aero.

and thats the more subtle version of "he'll get his one day, hopefully down a dark alley"
Old 12th September 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2005                                                
My Saabs: 1998 95 2.3 lpt se nordic tuning

sorry to hear about that, but like ebay 99.9% are decent people. they are out there and in these cases the law is an ***. hope you get it sorted as nobody likes being ripped off
Old 12th September 2005

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 02 95

someone ripped me off for a computer part once. I drove 3 states to his door turns out its some 14 yr old kid and his mom paid me the money and slammed the door. You could hear the screaming from inside my car!! Karma does work... sometimes it needs boost. I hope you win that case man i can't stand dishonesty.
Old 13th September 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Dec 2004                                                
My Saabs: 02 9-5 | 06 9-7x | 04 9-3 no more =(

Well since you know his address, wait til the next national Saab meet and show him what's up with your buds of saabcentral backing you up.
Old 13th September 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 aero - a cosmic "blue rider"

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterjml
someone ripped me off for a computer part once. I drove 3 states to his door turns out its some 14 yr old kid and his mom paid me the money and slammed the door. You could hear the screaming from inside my car!! Karma does work... sometimes it needs boost. I hope you win that case man i can't stand dishonesty.
Extreme action indeed Master, and its only after i stop laughing that i thought that kid could just as easily have been some crazy with a shotgun pointing at you but then again you may have also been brandishing a 45 or somethin Glad im in the non-guntoting uk.
Old 13th September 2005

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 02 95

He lived in Boston. gun laws up there are pretty tight but that is a pretty good point...

I dont know if i would of thought twice if hed lived in like.... Pennsylvania or something. thats definatley food for thought.
Old 13th September 2005
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: 2k 9-5 Aero MapTun 4.2

Thanks for all the support bros and mates - perhaps karma will rule eventually.

I'll post the results- it will likely be months as the the courts here in MD have 90 days after serving notice just to set a date. This could easily go into 2006...

I will retain my belief that there are more stout men (and women) out there than there are sleazeballs...
Old 13th September 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2002 9-5 ARC

Could this person be banned from the board? I suppose they could sign up under a different name though.
Old 13th September 2005
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-5 2.3 SE, BSR Stage 2

Anybody wanting to know the culprit could also just search the boards. This guy made many topics and posts about his new rims and even posted pictures.

Hell, I guess I'd be that excited over a new "free" set of rims too. Get 'em Bob!
Old 13th September 2005
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGibons
Could this person be banned from the board? I suppose they could sign up under a different name though.
Peter, if the administration needed to ban someone they could do it permanently, clever these admin types
Old 13th September 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Oct 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-3 & 2000 9-5

Damn that really sucks, im sorry to hear that and i hope it all works out ok in the end. You have to wonder about some people though, as you send him the rims you have all his info??? Maybe old Darwin will sort this one out as he dont sound to bright

1999 93
2000 95

Old 13th September 2005
SaabNut!

My Saabs: 2005 9 Arc

Sorry about the bad news.
Maybe you should post his name, just to expose the thief.
Old 13th September 2005
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-5 2.3 SE, BSR Stage 2

I would love to post it, but it isnt my business. But I agree Bob, this guy should be called out...
Old 14th September 2005
Saabista

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Vector 2.2Tid

Please respect Bobs wishes not to name the person at this point, it may prejudice any case by him to recoup his losses. PM Bob or myself if you wish to know this thieving scumbags name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread