Removing wastegate housing from turbo - last stupid Q I promise! - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning

C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Classic 900 (C900)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 22nd August 2005
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2003                                                
My Saabs: Sensonic NG900T, a gagle of rusty c900's
Default Removing wastegate housing from turbo - last stupid Q I promise!

I've managed to get all the nuts off the studs, removed the elbow and the 2 longer studs that hold that on but the housing is stuck to the turbo, i'm thinking spraying with loads of WD40, leave it over night then get the butane torch on it for a bit and give it a whack with a hammer, any other suggestions?

If i stick a chisel between the join of the turbo housing and the wastegate housing and hit it repeatedly with a big mallet will that work or just damage it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd August 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                

You got all five nuts off the turbo, right? I'd whack the side with a rubber mallet, but I wouldn't try and get anything between the turbo and the wastegate housing. I think you'll have sealing issues afterwards if you do that, as a chisel will likely damage the mating surface.
Old 22nd August 2005
Banned

Join Date: Jul 2005                                                
My Saabs: The Black Night, 900T

Threaten it with a grinder and swear for half an hour and it will just peel itself off like a good little boy failing that i think WD 40 and some vibrations from a hammer and wooden block should get it off without any damage i hope.

You have done so much to your car in a sort space of time Si, after talking too Alan and seeing his T16 rip down my road I am wanting to up my T16 and get away from it being stock, lol, and i have been trying to make it stock for a year until i came on here, you are all trouble makers
Old 23rd August 2005
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2003                                                
My Saabs: Sensonic NG900T, a gagle of rusty c900's
Default Make it go faster

Sha', it's taken my 5 years of breaking and repairing things to get to the point where i can mod it without too much fear of breaking it....again!

Unfortunately the i seem to have come to the bottom of the pit financing operations so this little lot will be it for a while .

All the nuts are off the wastegate, guess WD40 hammer, heat & mallet will have to do. Wil get a few pic's once it's stripped apart.

I'm also planning to build the mother of all intercoolers once this little lot is finished . Same as the one on the car at the moment exept i'm going to use aluminium for the end caps and weld the whole thing, already got 1 standard intercooler, just need to pick up No. 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement