Web page : water inj, BSR spec APC, & air filter - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning

C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Classic 900 (C900)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th August 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                
My Saabs: 91 T16S, 97 2.3T, TVR S2, BMW 323i cab
Garage
Default Web page : water inj, BSR spec APC, & air filter

Hi all,

Just found this page when I was surfing:

http://www.netma.fi/jouko/saab/performance2.html

Some really interesting stuff there!

First of all, he said he got a BSR APC upgrade promising 230 bhp. That can't be right, surely? I thought APC mods generally saw 20-30bhp up on standard? Anybody got any experience of these?

Secondly, I read up on water injection. Looks really interesting. Cooler inlet temperatures = denser air = more boost = free hp . Anybody done this? Use a separate water reservoir? Do you have to drill the inlet manifold for the water injection? Scuse my ignorance!

Thirdly, air intake. I gather the c900 setup is poor, but is there any way to improve it without chopping holes in the car?

Same goes for the i/c. Want to upgrade this on mine with an FMIC, but without chopping the towing hooks or losing the air con. I remember chatting with Matt Faulks about this a while back and there is a solution, but I forget what it was. Maybe getting an i/c made up? Or perhaps a standard c900 i/c up front (is it the width that means you have to chop the car?).

Fourthly, chipping the Fuel ECU? Benefits?

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Anybody got any thoughts on this? My car is standard in the engine dept at the moment, but looking for solid reliable and useable performance. Plans so far :

Faulks Performance APC upgrade
JT 3" exhaust (with elbow if I can sort out the usual battery problem)
?FMIC
?Water injection

At the moment I want 200-210 bhp but driveable, hopefully should be doable without spending too much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18th August 2005

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 900 T16S Type-WIP

IC upgrade with APC tweak should get you in the region of 200.
The JT downpipe would also help and depending on your view point sticking on a large K&N may or may not help.
Can't remember what year your car is but if you have the Lucas injection gubbins your half way there - 3 Bar FPR, larger injectors etc.
Old 18th August 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                
My Saabs: 91 T16S, 97 2.3T, TVR S2, BMW 323i cab
Garage

It's a 91 model year - does it have the 3.0bar FPR? I thought they were only on n/a cars.
Old 18th August 2005
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                
My Saabs: '89 900S 3dr | '90 900S 4dr

Check the modifications section for misting stuff. Edit, apparently thats where we are, soo.... well done. Scroll down or look at the second page, i know si and pda were discussing some stuff.

-Alex
Old 21st August 2005
Saab Mad

Join Date: Dec 2001                                                
My Saabs: 900 S Aero Turbo, 9-5 Aero

Your car will have a 3.0bar FPR.

Trent Saab used to supply and fit a series of mods for 220BHP. Agey's Ruby is Trented and it's awesome to drive Oodles of torque everywhere. You might get 230BHP on the BSR APC box with stock Lucas injectors, but that might be pushing things a bit.

A decent custom FMIC (400-500 fitted) would probably negate the need for water injection. That with a Trent/BSR-spec APC would make for a sweet ride.
Advertisement