CK3100 Install Pics - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 7th July 2005

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-3 Linear / Premium Package
Default CK3100 Install Pics

Please post pics of your Parrot CK3100 installs. I am looking for ideas on an '05 9-3.

THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th July 2005

Join Date: Jul 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2005 Saab 93 Arc
Default Just installed this on my 2005 93 Arc

I just did this install on my 2005 93 Arc which is pre-wired for a hands free kit. It was very simple once I found the correct harnesses; I purchased the following harnesses from Sio Communications (06-109B and 06-223B) and the CK3100 from Expansys-USA. It was all plug and play and the kit works great with my Motorola V600. I have to say it was quite a bit of research on my part but it saved lot of money as my Saab dealer wanted ~$300 just to install the CK3100. Let me know if you would like more info.
Old 8th July 2005

Can you host a picture of where you installed the remote.

FYI, I did a lot of research as well. See my post at:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ghlight=ck3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter28
I just did this install on my 2005 93 Arc which is pre-wired for a hands free kit. It was very simple once I found the correct harnesses; I purchased the following harnesses from Sio Communications (06-109B and 06-223B) and the CK3100 from Expansys-USA. It was all plug and play and the kit works great with my Motorola V600. I have to say it was quite a bit of research on my part but it saved lot of money as my Saab dealer wanted ~$300 just to install the CK3100. Let me know if you would like more info.

Last edited by heatvent; 8th July 2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 14th July 2005

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                
Default My CK3100

Here's mine in my 2003 Vector.

Connected via Etadyne cable to mute & center speaker. Parrot microphone mounted on overhead console.

Old 14th July 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: '98 900S/ '06 9-3 Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter28
What functionality do you now have? Does the built-in microphone work? Does your mute work on incoming calls? Does the cellphone audio play through your speakers? Do any of the steering wheel buttons work? If so, which ones? I'm trying to help a friend decide on whether to put a hands-free system in his 2005 Arc.
Old 14th July 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: SAAB-less

Rob, from what I understand the 2005s that have the pre-wired h/f kit can use the factory mic. Without this pre-wired harness you would have to track down the wires and wire it up yourself which is probably not worth it, IMO. I don't know of anyone who has accomplished this. This harness constitutes the TEL1 phone option and does not allow use of the built-in infotainment system and call/hangup wheel controls. It would work just like a h/f kit installed in an older hatch-based 9-3 - you need the kit's mic and antenna (unless bluetooth so you use phone's antenna). TEL2 uses the built-in phone and all the other goodies but is not available in N. America.
Old 14th July 2005

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 93SS Nocturne Blue Metalic Linear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Atlanta
What functionality do you now have? Does the built-in microphone work? Does your mute work on incoming calls? Does the cellphone audio play through your speakers? Do any of the steering wheel buttons work? If so, which ones? I'm trying to help a friend decide on whether to put a hands-free system in his 2005 Arc.
With or without pre-wiring you can have EVERTHING, except steering wheel button functionality, but you also gain automatic voice recognition which offsets the loss of the steering wheel buttons. I am very impressed with the Parrot CK3100. If you are prewired tel1 then get the SIO cable mentioned above if not get the etadyne tel1 cable. You will get infotainment muting, telephone displayed on SID, voice over front speakers, either built-in mic or Parrot mic, voice recognition/voice spotting, Parrot display, other Parrot extras see their web site. The installation is straight forward, you will have to upgrade to a blue tooth capable phone but any brand/carrier will work. I will post picture of mine when I get a chance...
Old 15th July 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: '98 900S/ '06 9-3 Aero

Really the only thing I think I would miss would be the superior hard-wired antenna. One advantage of an in-car kit is the increased range and reception offered by a hard-wired antenna.
Old 15th July 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: SAAB-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocBlue
With or without pre-wiring you can have EVERTHING, except steering wheel button functionality, but you also gain automatic voice recognition which offsets the loss of the steering wheel buttons. I am very impressed with the Parrot CK3100. If you are prewired tel1 then get the SIO cable mentioned above if not get the etadyne tel1 cable. You will get infotainment muting, telephone displayed on SID, voice over front speakers, either built-in mic or Parrot mic, voice recognition/voice spotting, Parrot display, other Parrot extras see their web site. The installation is straight forward, you will have to upgrade to a blue tooth capable phone but any brand/carrier will work. I will post picture of mine when I get a chance...
Are you sure the Etadyne TEL1 cable will enable the factory mic? If so that's great news to me as that's the route I'll be taking even if I don't get that feature.
Old 15th July 2005

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 93SS Nocturne Blue Metalic Linear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22
Are you sure the Etadyne TEL1 cable will enable the factory mic? If so that's great news to me as that's the route I'll be taking even if I don't get that feature.
You mis-understood, the SIO cable will allow you to plug into the factory mic, if you don't have a factory mic, you can use the Parrot mic which installs in the same spot(or anywhere you want) as the factory mic.

In other words if you have factory installed pre-wiring for phone order the SIO cables. If you don't have any factory pre-wiring order the etadyne tel-1 cable. The other added benefit the factory pre-wiring provides is that you can add the cradle to hold your phone which can re-charge when your phone is docked.
Old 26th July 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear

Any update on this, with pics?

Also, where do i get this SIO cable...

I bought the connector for the 375 plug from saabcatalog...will this work just as well. I got everything working, but couldn't get sound from the speakers. Pictures of which wires connect to which for the speakers sound would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 27th July 2005

See my other thread at:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51444&highlight=ck3100

You should find everything you need to know there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBeer41
Any update on this, with pics?

Also, where do i get this SIO cable...

I bought the connector for the 375 plug from saabcatalog...will this work just as well. I got everything working, but couldn't get sound from the speakers. Pictures of which wires connect to which for the speakers sound would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 27th July 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2003                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3CV Aero TTiD 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Atlanta
Really the only thing I think I would miss would be the superior hard-wired antenna. One advantage of an in-car kit is the increased range and reception offered by a hard-wired antenna.
Try the Parrot CK3500 instead. It incorporates a gsm (900/1800 only though) module that accesses your sim card data. Looks exactly like 3100 but you can then connect it to the cars antenna.

This is what I will getting next!
Old 27th July 2005

I would, but $500+ is a little more than my budget permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjdavies
Try the Parrot CK3500 instead. It incorporates a gsm (900/1800 only though) module that accesses your sim card data. Looks exactly like 3100 but you can then connect it to the cars antenna.

This is what I will getting next!
Old 27th July 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent
See my other thread at:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51444&highlight=ck3100

You should find everything you need to know there.
That's what i was following. didn't you mention that that was for the CK3000, and that you were installing the 3100 which had different wiring. I could be wrong...but i'm not sure...
Old 11th November 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9 Arc

Last Wednesday (09 Nov) I had a Sport Hatch as a replacement car, and this dealer (in Leuven, Belgium) are installing the display into the vent, like this:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement