1994 9000 CSTS - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 2nd December 2002

Join Date: Aug 2001                                                
Default 1994 9000 CSTS

Hello all

I've been casting around for a 9000 hatch for the past 6 months, with little success. Supply seems to have dried up down here. Seriously, you lot wouldn't credit how difficult it is to find such a 'simple' car.

Anyway, I've come across a 1994 CSTS. It's sight unseen as it's in a different part of the country, a long way from where I am. I wasn't familiar with the model so I asked a few questions over at that 'other' Saab enthusiast site, and some of the board regulars from here offered some thoughts.So I thought I'd start a thread here...

What I've been able to work out so far is that it sits above the CS and CSE, and below the Aero. It is red with black skirts (odd as most seem to be colur-coded), charcoal leather and suede seats, no wood dash, computer but no alarm, automatic, and 16" Aeros. It's a 2.3 FPT BTW. It also has no airbag, which seems strange on a 1994 SAAB.

It's ex-Japan, with 60,000 Kms on it; in the country for the last 20k kms, with a FSH. Supposedly immaculate, but aren't they all

To see it I have to fly to the other end of the country, and then if I buy it it's a 1000km drive back + a 3-hour ferry ride. Such is the Saab disease

I"d be chuffed if anyone has any extra info on the CSTS model. Otherwise I'll keep a running commentary on how I get on if I decide to take a look...

Sadly I'd have to part with my beloved 900 Aero :-(, but I need a four-door for the new baby :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th December 2002
Saab Lunatic

My Saabs: I've had a few...

Sounds like you might have yourself one of those Antipodean models that was never sold anywhere else?

Simon.
Old 4th December 2002

ex-Japan...

:!

Doesn't look like it's a goer. Just have to settle for the trusty old 900 Aero for a bit longer yet...

May as well delete the thread...
Old 4th December 2002
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2002                                                
My Saabs: Error 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo K
May as well delete the thread...
Let's not. There's useful info in this thread on the CS Turbo S that someone might find useful. There are things here that I didn't know about it (actually there's a lot I don't know about it).

One thing I did come across today was an application list (brake discs, I think?) that included the 9000 CS 2.3 Turbo S. This was on an Australian website, but I lost the link. However, the application was listed for the CS TS 1992-1997. I thought the CS TS stopped production in '93 when the Aero came out, but perhaps that was just UK/Europe.

Bit late, I know, but just more interesting stuff for the next person that types "CS Turbo S" in the search box.
Old 5th December 2002

True enough...we'll bamboozle the next person!

Funny how there are different models for different markets, or at least the same models with different specs.

All good fun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement