Its been a long year - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th May 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 86 9000 Turbo
Default Its been a long year

Well today is 5/5/05 (funny ) but its been exactly one year since I bought my first Saab. I still have it. What has happened to my 900 1 year and 11,105 miles later? I think overall I didn't put too much money into it and got my $500 worth out of her.
1 Parts of the exaust were replaced- downpipe to the catalytic converter, and the catalytic converter to the muffler (but not the small cannister and actual curved pipe coming out the rear, theyre still there)
2 Headlights- the headlights were cracked, so I replaced them
3 A hard to get hose with two different sizes at each end had a pinhole leak
4 Interior- I took out the entire interior and put in a dark gray leather one (not just seats, but also the quarter panels,door panels, carpeting, the piece behind the cubby hole, and the piece under the dash)
5 Radio- there was an old Sony CD player in there when I bought it (original amp was still in the car, so I kept it) and I put in a Panasonic radio in dash CD player- nothing too fancy.
6 Brakes- At the moment I'm replacing the front brakes. I'm getting rebuilt calipers and rotors and all
7 Hubs and bearings- I went to replace a bearing, only to find out the hub was destroyed from bearing failure, so I just got everything pressed in yesterday. I have to go pick up my rotors and start putting everything back together.
Next up are the shocks, they have got to go. I'm going to let a shop do those for me. I'm exhausted.
The only other problems I have with the car are a few chips in the windshield, and the reverse gear isn't too strong. It goes into reverse, but only pops out when trying to back up too fast or up a hill.
Though it seems like I've done alot in the matter of a year, not once has the car not started for me. It's always started up for me without hesitation, only time I have a bit of a problem is when its kind of cold and it stalls. But I can deal with that.
I like this car over my past two cars, the Volvo just died on me with over 177,700 on the clock and the Olds Cutlass Supreme 350 just wasn't practical with the price of gas. Hopefully I'll get a few more years out of the car, I don't drive like a maniac and I get my oil changes before schedule. I'm thinking the next car I buy is going to be another c900 (hopefully a convertible )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6th May 2005
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 1990 Saab 900S White

I've had my C900 for over a year, year and a half this july.

I bought her for $3500

replaced break cylinder - $200
did body work last summer - $250

In past two months I've
replaced altenator - $300
replaced CV joint - $150
replaced exhaust - $300

I dont really think thats a lot to put into her. I mean she is older than my brother. But I'm trying to take her off the road and get another Saab as a daily driver and wait till my C900 gets a little older.
Old 6th May 2005
Super Moderator

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                
My Saabs: 1995 9000 Aero.

I have to turn a blind eye to the cost of stuff for the car, yes that's right folks ....'the car'. Sheesh! It's just a car. However, the car is a piece of rolling art, and I guess I have an obligation to keep it looking and running at it's best is what I have to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement