7,500 mile saab service/10,000-15,000 miles yet? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-2X, 9-4X & 9-7X > 9-2X Performance, Mods & Tuning

9-2X Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9-2X

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 27th April 2005

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
My Saabs: 92x Aero arctic silver
Default 7,500 mile saab service/10,000-15,000 miles yet?

Do any of you 92x aero owners have stories about the 7,500 mile service/oil check up. Particularly what did they actually cover or do at the dealership. Also, What shakes rattles problems are you early aero buyers experiencing if any. You early buyers must be getting up to 7,500 to 15,000 miles on your 92x Aero's. I haven't seen any posts talking about the mileage you currently have or the service visits and /or how these check ups went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27th April 2005

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-2X Aero Brilliant Black

I only have 1,500 miles on my Aero as of now so no check-up's yet. However, I am having a problem with a rattle in my right door. The door panel vibrates with good bass, thankfully it can only be heard when the bass is really high and the volume is very low. So I don't know what is going to happen but hopefully I don't have some of the rattles that others have. For the service some guys have addressed it in the 9-2X owners section.
Old 27th April 2005

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 9-2X Aero

5300 miles.

no problems.

no knocking (except for me on wood (wow that was a dad joke)).

ps. this guy ---><----- must have a happy wife! Look at that lip trick!
Old 27th April 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI4theSlowGuy
5300 miles.

no problems.

no knocking (except for me on wood (wow that was a dad joke)).

ps. this guy ---><----- must have a happy wife! Look at that lip trick!

Did you install block heater for N.H. winter I got info on one fromsaab $22.00. I'm thinking of putting one in for next winter.Just wondered if anyone else out there considered it or did it in northeast,midwest or Canada. I've got no complaints about my car at 1500 miles. It's fun to drive to and from work everyday-it seems to be worth the 22.9k. I had a 900 turbo in the 1990's that was also fun I'm hoping this one is as dependable as that saab was.Thanks for replying to my post.
Old 28th April 2005

Nope. But maybe I shuold.

I didnt have ANY problems this last winter however and it got *** cold. like -20F. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I used to have a metal shift knob on my old car and my hand would instantly freeze to it. Weve had 2 reallly cold winters... as im sure you have too.

E
Old 28th April 2005

January and February hit like 20 to 30 below at times. My '96 jeep was solid right up to the end when I sold it last month, it had 166k miles. That block heater was worth its weight in gold for those two months every year. It extended the life of the engine,starter, and the battery. I'm not in a rush but I'm definately going to add it before January. I need to find out if my car is going to have an unsightly umbilical chord sticking off of the front bumper -I've got to look into this and find out first. Thanks for the response slow guy.
Old 29th April 2005

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                

i have roughly 10,300 miles on my car, no problems yet and it survived the rochester winter(10 degrees F). The car is solid and i love it.
Old 29th April 2005

Dont you lose the power chord in all the snow? Or electocute yourself or something?

What exactly does it do?

Seriously, how much do you love your car? Im not like a crazy car guy or anything... but everday im just so damn stoked.

E
Old 29th April 2005

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                

I got 13,000 on mine, I'm waitin til 15 to take it in again due to the fact i'm at college and my dealership is 4 hours away. My 7,500 service was great, i dropped it off, got the oil changed and they did some other stuff i dont' exactly remember and gave the car back. No hassle, no money it was great. Oh, and about how much I love the car, everytime i see it I'm just like holy crap I can't even believe i drive this thing. Everyone is always so impressed, it's great. About rattles, haha i have 1500W of aftermarket stereo I installed and although I'm not away of any rattles, there very well may be and i'm just not hearing them. I love this car.

On a side note, does anyone elses windshield fluid just dissappear? I gotta get that looked at, I think it leaks out.
Old 30th April 2005

jhub908: college rides are getting a whole lot nicer than that death trap pinto that I drove in the 1980's. Enjoy your 92x I,m sure it will get you thru college and then some, even if you don't hear anything other than tunes when your driving. I haven't had to use windshield fluid, going to check it tomorrow. Does anyone hear the engine on 92x when its cold? Sounds like one of my olds pick up trucks until it warms the oil.
Old 13th May 2005

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                

Almost to the 15k mark. I do have a couple of things that I'm going to get fixed. My cruise control lever is rattling and I have a strange noise coming from the radio even when it's not on. Not sure what's up with that.
Other than that, my Aero's running like a top and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
Old 13th May 2005

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teichs
Almost to the 15k mark. I do have a couple of things that I'm going to get fixed. My cruise control lever is rattling and I have a strange noise coming from the radio even when it's not on. Not sure what's up with that.
Other than that, my Aero's running like a top and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
My cruise switch rattles as well (more like a buzz) we also had a guy bring his car to my dealer with the same thing...

Cheers,

05 9-2x Aero
94 Dodge Viper RT/10
73 Plymouth Road Runner
69 Ford Cortina GT
63 VW Beetle
Old 13th May 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teichs

I also get this ghost crackle in my stereo every now and then, At first I thought it was the home made tunes but I've never been really sure.Anyone else have a stereo thats possessed? Twilight zone...it just does it to freak me out it knows I'm too comfortable with this car.
Old 16th May 2005

My Saabs: 9-2x Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgf
My cruise switch rattles as well (more like a buzz) we also had a guy bring his car to my dealer with the same thing...
I had the same problem with a rattling cruise control button. The dealer replaced the whole lever under warranty no problem.
Old 16th May 2005

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinifry
I had the same problem with a rattling cruise control button. The dealer replaced the whole lever under warranty no problem.
So did the noise go away??

The replacement cruise switch looks to be just like the old one, and I am wondering if its going to make the same noise. I dont want to get mine replaced if its going to make the same noise when its "fixed".

Cheers,

05 9-2x Aero
94 Dodge Viper RT/10
73 Plymouth Road Runner
69 Ford Cortina GT
63 VW Beetle
Old 16th May 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgf
So did the noise go away??

The replacement cruise switch looks to be just like the old one, and I am wondering if its going to make the same noise. I dont want to get mine replaced if its going to make the same noise when its "fixed".

Cheers,
Basically, the rattling noise was coming from the button at the end of the lever. The dealer replaced the entire lever with a new one which looks exactly the same as the old one. After the replacement i have never heard the noise again. However, i am noticing other rattling noises coming from the retractable cargo cover and glove box.
Old 16th May 2005

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 9-2x Aero Sport/Cold

I figured that I would join in the rattle discussion too:

I agree that my retractable cargo cover flaps around a bit too, when retracted.

I hear a rattle from what seems to be under the dash in front of the steering wheel (hard to pinpoint due to the location). Sometimes it's very annoying, other times it's non-existant. I'll take it into the dealer once I pin it down.
Old 16th May 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoz
I figured that I would join in the rattle discussion too:

I agree that my retractable cargo cover flaps around a bit too, when retracted.

I hear a rattle from what seems to be under the dash in front of the steering wheel (hard to pinpoint due to the location). Sometimes it's very annoying, other times it's non-existant. I'll take it into the dealer once I pin it down.
I've noticed that when the temperature in the car is warm there is less rattle. During winter the car is like an orcherstra.
Old 20th May 2005

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2005 92-X Aero Desert silver
Default Darn rattles!

Nutts, I'm picking up my new Aero on Sat morn. Trading in my never rattles 02 Audi TT 225hp ALMs coupe. Downsizing in lots of things now that I'm 54, sold the big house, now selling the too expensive but my favorite car ever. The 92-X will be more versatile for space. Could not get my bass guitar and amp in the TT. It will fit in the 9-2X. Hope I can live with the rattles you guys have, but for almost half the price after rebates than my TT I guess I can't expect it to be the same quality. Perfomance, seating, driving experience should be close though.
vitch
Old 20th May 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitch
Nutts, I'm picking up my new Aero on Sat morn. Trading in my never rattles 02 Audi TT 225hp ALMs coupe. Downsizing in lots of things now that I'm 54, sold the big house, now selling the too expensive but my favorite car ever. The 92-X will be more versatile for space. Could not get my bass guitar and amp in the TT. It will fit in the 9-2X. Hope I can live with the rattles you guys have, but for almost half the price after rebates than my TT I guess I can't expect it to be the same quality. Perfomance, seating, driving experience should be close though.
vitch
I'm sure you will very satisfied with the performance of the 9-2x. Also, don't think of it as downsizing your house. Just reallocating it into your trunk

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement