Question On Coolant Leak - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Workshop

C900 Workshop Classic 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 17th March 2005

Join Date: Nov 2004                                                
My Saabs: 1991 Saab 900S Admiral Blue
Default Question On Coolant Leak

Im not sure if this is a common problem or not, but i own a 1991 saab 900s non turbo and recently i have noticed that the gas pedal has coolant stuck i nthe grooves of the gas pedal. Also, i just baught new rubber floor mats for winter and sometimes i look down at the floor mats after driving and they have a puddle of coolant in them. What could be causing this interior anti-freeze leak? It doesnt seem to be small either it pisses right outta there. This car is really getting on my nerves, i dont know why i ever baught it.

The car has 7 days, and if more crap keeps going worng with it i am going to take it off roading on the snowmobile trails in the back woods and drive it back there till it dies and leave it where it quits. (hopefully its demise will be somewhere bent upside and wrapped around a huge oak tree) I would love to burn this car to the ground. I never knew how amazingly expensive this car was to maintain. Its in beautiful condition o nthe exterior. Just all types of little things keep going wrong, theres a tiny hole in the headlight, from a pellet gun, and even though the headlight works it still wont pass emission here in NY. So i will probably put it up for sale for $600 localy and if noone wants to buy it. Then the swede will get to meet the old oak tree in the back yard. Sorry for the rant, needed to vent since this coolant problem is killing me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18th March 2005
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: 87&88S,88T,91TVert, 90 Talladega Red SPG

Heater core. Actually probably the connection between the heater core and where it comes through the firewall. I would look under the hood at the firewall connections and make sure they are intact there, and then move on down to the connection under the dash. There are a pair of O-rings at the connection under the dash that sometimes deteriorate. Or it could just be loose. As a quick fix it is possible to remove the connections at the firewall and loop them together, however you will not have heat and will need to be very careful removing the hoses because its plastic fittings underneath and will break if not careful.

I would love to take the car off your hands but I live in Oklahoma, a bit of a trip down here. If you know anyone coming this way though..... Its a manual isn’t it?

But do give it a chance, we’ve all felt like that at one time or another. Its 14 years old, things like this will happen on any car this old Saab or not.
Old 18th March 2005

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                
My Saabs: '92 900LPT, '90 900i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fustercluck
1991 saab 900s
It's just having its mid-life crisis. It'll get better soon...
Old 18th March 2005

Join Date: Jan 2003                                                

Heater valve actuatuor I think its called. Two coolant hoses couple to the heater valve right behind the alternator. The heater valve is linked to your cold - hot dial -- and couples to the heater box(controls coolant flow to heater box) -- next to your gas pedal in the dash. If the coolants dropping on the gas pedal I'd look at where the heater acturaor - couples with the heater core. Theres two o-rings at that junction -- could be a resnugging of the 4 torx heads good stop the leak.

You need to be pretty flexible to get a tool up in that area.
Advertisement