"Beep, beep, vehicle reversing" - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Workshop

C900 Workshop Classic 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th October 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Aug 2001                                                
Default "Beep, beep, vehicle reversing"

The rear reverse lights have spoped working, I say rear as I have the us style extra 'side' reverse lights fitted and they are functioning fine. Fuse is fine,new bulbs have been changed. Only found out because it was MoT time, luckily (and rather strangely) reverse lights aren't included in the checks! Any ideas lads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th October 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                
My Saabs: 1991 SPG Berol Green

If the side lights work, then the reverse switch is good.

Since the bulbs in the rear are new, I would check the ground. Aside from a bad ground, the only thing left is the feed or power wire from the reverse switch to the lamps.

Hope this helps.

Jay
Old 5th October 2004
Banned

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                

--question--

sorry this may be slightly irrelavent, however i too have a reverse light problem on my c900.

when i put the car in reverse i get no back up lights illumanating at all. zip. no side lights either.

my car is auto, and inside the shifter housing, (right underneathe those brush things), is a small vertical like object, that has two wires going to it with one of them being cut. is this supposed to be the reverse light switch? have i found the problem?
thanks!
----
Old 5th October 2004

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                
My Saabs: '92 900LPT, '90 900i vert

As far as I know, the small vertical thing you mention is a light for the shifter quadrant. The auto shifter has two switches associated with it.
  • Reverse light (switches on reverse lights in R only)
    starter interlock (allows starter to run only in P or N)
Mine is slightly out of adjustment so I have to push against the N -> R stop to get the starter to turn.
Similarly, I sometimes have to push against the R -> P stop to get the reverse lights on.

So anyway, I suspect that the reverse light switch is part of the larger quadrant switch rather than the little thing you mention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement