Saab 900 sensonic clutchless manual show car- One of a kind! Many unique parts - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab MarketPlace > North America - Buy & Sell > Cars for Sale - North America

Notices

Cars for Sale - North America For Sale - All Saab Car Models to the Present Day

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12th November 2013

Join Date: Feb 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-5 Aero
Default Saab 900 sensonic clutchless manual show car- One of a kind! Many unique parts

Name: Paul Kalinoski

Means of contact: Paulsgts@aol.com

Price: $10,000

Description: This is a Saab factory built 900 Sensonic (Clutchless) 5 speed Show car for sale. The car is the only one of it's kind. Originally owned by James Yule, it was sold to Terry Hanipsiak who then sold it to Paul. Anyone who knows them can agree that the three owners are not only excellent mechanics but they take MAGNIFICENT care of their cars. This car is in show condition with custom built wheels to fit around the custom 4 piston brembo brakes and shaved door handles. Paul installed a rebuilt 2.3 motor with 6cm viggen turbo, viggen clutch, and Saab OEM red/black interior viggen seats (the ONLY pair in existence); And has since only put 10k miles on the car. It really is unique and fun to drive, and it is in fantastic condition; A real head turner for sure.

Pictures:

Last edited by Matt D; 12th November 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12th November 2013

Join Date: Sep 2012                                                
My Saabs: 06 9-3 aero stage 1 89 900s-sold
Garage

seen this car down in SOC. what a beauty. GLWS
Old 14th November 2013
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2003                                                
My Saabs: 99 Viggen

hey paul/matt...just so you know, the car is now featured on jalopnik

http://jalopnik.com/for-10-000-come-...ics-1463638326
Old 14th November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
hey paul/matt...just so you know, the car is now featured on jalopnik

http://jalopnik.com/for-10-000-come-...ics-1463638326
Paul doesn't have an account on the forums so I'm just doing the listing for him. I feel bad that Jalopnik wanted to poke fun at that car; There are some details I didn't know that I should mention....

- The first owner was actually SAAB USA as it was designed and built for shows; Where it has earned many first place trophies
- The "viggen" panels/bumpers were 900 SVO Prototype panels (one of a kind); As well as the Vented hood
- The wheels were custom made by Ronal specifically for this car
- The brakes are Brembo 4 pistons from a Ferrari 360 Modena
- the Red/Black Viggen seats are from Saab in Sweden - Only one's EVER made
- There is a custom built 2.3 motor with an aggressive tune on the car
- MANY of the parts on the car were custom made AT SAAB USA by James Uhl
- The paint and body are immaculate and completely show car quality

These are all facts that I was able to collect from the previous owners; But there is so much Provenance that is not listed- This really is a unique car and I beleive it is worth every bit of $10,000 to someone who truly appreciates Saabs

Last edited by Matt D; 15th November 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 15th November 2013

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: '01 Viggen 'Vert

Yeah most of the comments are talking about reliablity and such when in reality this car isn't really meant to be a daily driver anyway. Gorgeous car and good luck with the sale.
Old 22nd November 2013

Join Date: Nov 2013                                                
My Saabs: N/A
Default James Uhl here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Paul doesn't have an account on the forums so I'm just doing the listing for him. I feel bad that Jalopnik wanted to poke fun at that car; There are some details I didn't know that I should mention....

- The first owner was actually SAAB USA as it was designed and built for shows; Where it has earned many first place trophies
- The "viggen" panels/bumpers were 900 SVO Prototype panels (one of a kind); As well as the Vented hood
- The wheels were custom made by Ronal specifically for this car
- The brakes are Brembo 4 pistons from a Ferrari 360 Modena
- the Red/Black Viggen seats are from Saab in Sweden - Only one's EVER made
- There is a custom built 2.3 motor with an aggressive tune on the car
- MANY of the parts on the car were custom made AT SAAB USA by James Uhl
- The paint and body are immaculate and completely show car quality

These are all facts that I was able to collect from the previous owners; But there is so much Provenance that is not listed- This really is a unique car and I beleive it is worth every bit of $10,000 to someone who truly appreciates Saabs
As this car's third - technically fourth - owner, and since my name was used in a previous post, I felt morally obligated to correct some information.

- The first owner purchased this car as a BONE-STOCK 1995 900SE from a dealer in the Western US. It had an intermittent dash light issue for which it was bought back. The "technical" second owner became SAAB Cars, USA (SCUSA). The "technical" third owner - living in Utah - drove the car until he found an attorney of questionable repute to get SCUSA to buy it back AGAIN, with over 100,000 miles. ["Technically", since SCUSA already owned it once, they're not the "fourth" owner.] I bought this 1995 900SE from SCUSA after convincing the SCUSA Director of Customer Service not to crush it. I then found and repaired the loose terminal causing the intermittent dash light issue. I bought a Euro-spec 1995 SE Sensonic from the SCUSA CFO for parts and transferred the Sensonic parts over. While I owned it, it won some trophies - ONE was for first place.
- The front bumper and the skirts were 1999 Viggen prototype pieces. The rear bumper and rear spoilers are 1999 Viggen-spec from the parts catalog. I installed these parts and had the car repainted at Kelly Motors Body Shop in Atlanta. The hood is the original hood with a Classic 900 fresh air grille cut down and welded in place by the old Paint & Body Instructor at the GM Training Center in Alpharetta, GA.
- The wheels are standard 18" Ronal wheels readily available at the time I fitted them.
- The front brakes are from a kit secured from Brembo
- I did not build any custom parts for this car, especially AT SCUSA. I commissioned the fabrication of the fresh air intake at a race shop north of Atlanta.

I apologize that this information contradicts what Paul and/or Matt were provided. This car was my life for a few years and I prefer the next owner have an idea of its actual history. If you can get your hands on a copy of April 2001's European Car magazine, it includes even more details about the car.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I never had a moment of trouble with Sensonic. I DID have unique access to SAAB powertrain engineers. As a result, I had intimate knowledge of the faults in the Sensonic system that affected its reliability. I also had first-hand access to the software and hardware engineered to permanently address the reliability faults, with which THIS CAR WAS BUILT!

As has been previously mentioned, this is not a daily driver. Sensonic should be owned and maintained by an enthusiast. He - or she - should be resourceful, mechanically adept, and passionate about the SAAB brand and interested in maintaining a piece of SAAB's US history.

James
facebook.com/jamesuhl
Old 7th December 2013

Thanks for chiming in with the corrections James! I'm so sorry that our mutual friend was confused with some of those details; But I'm glad you were able to clear things up! Sorry for the misinformation everyone!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Uhl View Post
As this car's third - technically fourth - owner, and since my name was used in a previous post, I felt morally obligated to correct some information.

- The first owner purchased this car as a BONE-STOCK 1995 900SE from a dealer in the Western US. It had an intermittent dash light issue for which it was bought back. The "technical" second owner became SAAB Cars, USA (SCUSA). The "technical" third owner - living in Utah - drove the car until he found an attorney of questionable repute to get SCUSA to buy it back AGAIN, with over 100,000 miles. ["Technically", since SCUSA already owned it once, they're not the "fourth" owner.] I bought this 1995 900SE from SCUSA after convincing the SCUSA Director of Customer Service not to crush it. I then found and repaired the loose terminal causing the intermittent dash light issue. I bought a Euro-spec 1995 SE Sensonic from the SCUSA CFO for parts and transferred the Sensonic parts over. While I owned it, it won some trophies - ONE was for first place.
- The front bumper and the skirts were 1999 Viggen prototype pieces. The rear bumper and rear spoilers are 1999 Viggen-spec from the parts catalog. I installed these parts and had the car repainted at Kelly Motors Body Shop in Atlanta. The hood is the original hood with a Classic 900 fresh air grille cut down and welded in place by the old Paint & Body Instructor at the GM Training Center in Alpharetta, GA.
- The wheels are standard 18" Ronal wheels readily available at the time I fitted them.
- The front brakes are from a kit secured from Brembo
- I did not build any custom parts for this car, especially AT SCUSA. I commissioned the fabrication of the fresh air intake at a race shop north of Atlanta.

I apologize that this information contradicts what Paul and/or Matt were provided. This car was my life for a few years and I prefer the next owner have an idea of its actual history. If you can get your hands on a copy of April 2001's European Car magazine, it includes even more details about the car.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I never had a moment of trouble with Sensonic. I DID have unique access to SAAB powertrain engineers. As a result, I had intimate knowledge of the faults in the Sensonic system that affected its reliability. I also had first-hand access to the software and hardware engineered to permanently address the reliability faults, with which THIS CAR WAS BUILT!

As has been previously mentioned, this is not a daily driver. Sensonic should be owned and maintained by an enthusiast. He - or she - should be resourceful, mechanically adept, and passionate about the SAAB brand and interested in maintaining a piece of SAAB's US history.

James
facebook.com/jamesuhl

Last edited by Matt D; 7th December 2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 4th January 2014

Join Date: Oct 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2003 Saab 9-5 Aero

Did this car ever sell? Not that I could buy it, I'm just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement