Newbie - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th July 2004

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
Default Newbie

hello,

I am considering a previously owned, saab certified '03 9-3 linear, and I wanted to know just how reliable the '03 9-3 is overall. I am also considering a '01 or '02 9-5. I have test driven the car and love the way it handles, I am also awarE of Saabs legendary reputation for the longevity of it's cars. I just don't want to buy a problem? Your feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks

-uber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th July 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2004                                                
My Saabs: Black 2004 9-3SS Aero (OOW)

Obviously all car models have problems which affect some owners, and on a forum like this you tend to hear more from those people than the ones without problems.

Some threads to try for more info...

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12074
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33313
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32591
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32926

All in all...the 9-3SS is an awesome car. The most common weak points as far as i understand are: various computer failures (lots of computers in this car), rattles and a stereo that blows no matter how many speakers.
Old 8th July 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

If your talking reliability as opposed to bugs then the 9-3 is right up there. It has some bugs but its reliability can't be questioned. There was a stalling issue in some '03's but that seems to have been resolved with software updates. The faults seem to be a lottery, some people have zilch problems (me included ) while others have heaps. Most of the problems don't affect driving, they are mainly software related and involve non-essential components. Still it is major for those people but I doubt many of them would question its reliability.

The 6 speed manual is a bit stiff with mixed results with fixes. That is about the only mechanical issue around. A couple of fuel pumps have gone too.
Old 8th July 2004

Default wow

thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback! I understand that some only post when something is wrong with their car? Hopefully people don't post positive comments because their just o so in love with thehir 9-3's!!! I will let you guys know the outcome on Sat. I'll have soemthing by then!

wish me the best!

-uber
Old 8th July 2004

Default wow

thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback! I understand that some only post when something is wrong with their car? Hopefully people don't post positive comments because their just o so in love with thehir 9-3's!!! I will let you guys know the outcome on Sat. I'll have soemthing by then!

wish me the best!

-uber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement