Tramsmission has delay , Heater, Radio not working??? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6th June 2004

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                
Default Tramsmission has delay , Heater, Radio not working???

I just recently purchased a 1989 Saab 9000s. The car runs great but I am having some probloms with the transmission, reverse takes awhile to engage. If I go from drive to reverse and reve up the car it engages after almost a minute, there is no noise associated with it.... it does it smoothly. Also my blower for my heat and AC is not working along with the radio everything has power but nothing is working. I would apreciate any help or info....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 7th June 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 1992 9000 2.3L Turbo

Check the transmission mounts, someone on another thread mentioned how if the mount is sagging, then it's harder for gears to engage, especially true of reverse. Also the level of fluid, it may just need a top-off. If those checks don't pan out, maybe someone else more transmission knowledgable can give help.

Do you have ACC? If so, try running a fault check on it. I think you hit Auto and vent at the same time, it's two of the corner buttons... The display will say zero as it runs checks, and if a number comes up, that's how many fault you have. May have to replace to blower motor entirely, as they do wear out. If you don't have ACC, see if the fan works on high only. It may just be the resistor that's gone bad on it. A cheaper and easier job.

As far as the radio, my first suggestion would be to disconnect the ground from the battery for 20 secs, and reset the radio. You have the code for it, right?

I'm out of preliminary ideas. Anyone else, did I miss something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement