Saab Pet Harness review - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10th May 2004
Saabista

Join Date: Nov 2002                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 SC, 2013 Volvo C70
Default Saab Pet Harness review

Blurb:

"Saab is the first manufacturer to offer a system that keeps pets in their place. According to Dr. Holman, pets are just as liable to be hurt in an auto accident as the human passengers. Indeed, dogs can become "projectiles"--oh, I love that word (Fire another spitz at the dirty Huns, corporal!).

Cats just sleep. In severe accidents, cats might spontaneously shed."

LINK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1997 Saab 900S 2.3L

Is it just me or does the author of that write-up get off topic often?
"Darren Holman is one of the best veterinarians ever to wield a swab, the Dr. Kildaire of doggy docs, a veritable Schweitzer of the flea-and-tick set."......."Moving upscale, the Saab 9-5, a large-car platform introduced in 1998, is another superbly stylish, gloriously adroit vehicle that simply goes underappreciated in the market."......"Basically, when you hire on at Duke or SAS Institute, you get your golden Lab in your new employee kit."......."Moving upscale, the Saab 9-5, a large-car platform introduced in 1998, is another superbly stylish, gloriously adroit vehicle that simply goes underappreciated in the market"

Eventually he/she gets to their point.
Old 10th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: 5 Red C900T16 Verts
Default Re: Saab Pet Harness review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveSaab
Blurb:

"... Indeed, dogs can become "projectiles"--oh, I love that word (Fire another spitz at the dirty Huns, corporal!).
Reminds me of a story I heard about some agency in the UK that bought a boeing airplane windshield bird impact testing machine. It seems the directions omitted the thawing stage of the chickens that were to be fired into the windshield. The first bird went through the glass and onto pass through a wall.

I say wrap your pet in bubble wrap. Fasten its feet into place with pet velcrum soled ski boots. Saab mats are thick enough to hold. An option for cats would be ceiling liners made of mats, sort of an anti gravity cat palace.
Old 10th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1997 Saab 900S 2.3L

Heh, that reminds me of an episode of mythbusters on tlc or discovery channel from a while back when they were testing what hit with greater force agains an airplane windshield, a thawed or frozen chicken. They bought a bunch of old airplane windshields, fired the two types of chickens, found both had the same result, then they realized that they hadn't gotten windshields that were bird-impact rated.
Old 10th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: 5 Red C900T16 Verts

My version had been emailed to me while on a stint as a military contractor. About 10 years ago. Probably doctored for humor.
Old 11th May 2004

Join Date: Jan 2004                                                
Default Re: Saab Pet Harness review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka
Reminds me of a story I heard about some agency in the UK that bought a boeing airplane windshield bird impact testing machine. It seems the directions omitted the thawing stage of the chickens that were to be fired into the windshield. The first bird went through the glass and onto pass through a wall.
I hear that story too. I found it rather ammusing. Where were we with this one? Oh yeah...the pet harness...

-Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement