Typical stock boost setting for 92 T16S - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning

C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Classic 900 (C900)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 7th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                
Location: Scotland - in, A Red 92 T16S De'cat 3"JT system, Hot APC, 9K FMIC, Whaletail, Carly Aero's, Spax'ed.
Default Typical stock boost setting for 92 T16S

I finally invested in a calibrated boost gauge (and new vac piping) A lot more involved than I imagined...These old SAAB's are put together too well!

So... What is the typical stock boost settings for a 92 T16S

Base boost and Max boost ?

cheers.... saves me trawling the forum. (I did provide a pic though! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th May 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                

Garry

You could have done with buying the other 'TIM' gauge which is calibrated from -1 to +1.5 Bar. It will show more swing, and the one you've got is typically for cars boosting over 1.4 Bar. But hey it works, just wont move much :wink:

Peak boost on a T16S with standard (black) APC wih factory settings still intact on the pots and running 95RON should be 0.75Bar. If not see if optimax makes a difference. Most cars will run something like 0.65-0.8 depending on how well the system is working and the condition of engine componenets such as air filter, fuel filter, plugs, leads etc!
Old 8th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Location: Scotland - in, A Red 92 T16S De'cat 3"JT system, Hot APC, 9K FMIC, Whaletail, Carly Aero's, Spax'ed.

Just got it because it was cheap :P and I need to do some basic actuator setting up.

More detail would have been nicer up to 1.5 bar but hey ho

Looks like im boosting up to 1 bar with a modded apc with conservative pot settings.
What should base boost be? As I have a 9K Fmic and a 3" exhaust system on order base boost will probably need redoing. I was going to calibrate the wastegate to just above stock.
Old 9th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2001                                                
My Saabs: 1989 T8 Special

As Ross stated Maximum boost pressure on your car is .75+-0.05. Basic boost is 0.35+-0.03.
Old 9th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Thanks chaps.

Looks like im aiming between the 0.5 notch and the notch before it on my bar guage.
Old 10th May 2004

Join Date: Nov 2002                                                

Garry

Same guage as mine. My one boosts at a maximum to the end of the yellow, though mostly to the 1 bar limit. (though I have had the APC tweaked). Do not think Tim guages are the most sensitive and the needle on mine 'vibrates' at idle, but accurate enough I think.

Brian
Old 10th May 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
Default IDEA

Brian :idea

If you fit a piece of capillary into the system (down by the Tpiece for example), this will hold flow better and settle out any fluctuation. Makes readings more positive and less eratic.

Ross :!
Old 10th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

My gauge seems to oscillate very quickly rather than vibrate at idle. certainly not distracting. If anything the oscillation seems to indicate an improved sensitivity// that it is possibly picking up the slow spin of the compressor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement