03 SS Vector VS. 03 WRX - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 30th April 2004

Join Date: Jul 2003                                                
Default 03 SS Vector VS. 03 WRX

Raced a WRX tonight. dunno how much mods this guy had, but it didn't seem like he had much. i did however hear his loud bov during his shifts and he had what looked like a hks carbon fiber titanium exhaust, but it could've been some other exhaust system. ran from around 50-110, and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. by the time my car shifted into 4th, i was outta there! poor guy had such a hard time playing catch up with me! btw, i have a 5spd auto with PPC.
i knew these ppc's made a difference, but dang, i'm so hooked on this gadget now! can't wait to upgrade to other higher stages!!!~

Note from the MODERATOR - I have made a very small but important change to this post. To wit: If any of you are going to race and then post kill stories, don't say WHERE you were racing. Leave it up to the imagination as to whether the race was on a track or private road (legal), or on a public highway (not legal, and therefore not discussed in this forum). So I am using this post as an example of forum policy, rather than taking a hard line and simply deleting it (like I would if this were a more common problem). No harm, no foul for anyone on this occasion. Got that, everyone? Cool. Have fun out there 8)
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30th April 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Cool, he must have wondered what hit him. I wonder how a 5 spd 2.0t with PPC would go against a stock WRX at that range?
Old 30th April 2004
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                

Good job, those cars have really good initial bite, but run out of steam quickly, also well done mr. moderator kept forum rules without resorting to web nazi tactics.
Old 30th April 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Oct 2003                                                

Than'kew. I also trust that we will not see a flood of "kill" stories. A few go a long, long way, if you know what I mean. Nice to read a particuarly interesting one every once and awhile, though massive numbers of those kinds of posts are what I associate with the more "ricey" or "V8" types of forums... and we do not want to go there, do we
Old 30th April 2004
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2003                                                

impressive! how long did this race last in time and/or distance?
Old 30th April 2004

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                

I do find some real-world anecdotes of the vehicle interesting, for a couple of reasons:

1) The car feels faster than it's 210 hp would indicate.
2) The car feel faster than the 0-60 times would indicate.
3) These metrics are poor indicators of the car's actual street performance.
Old 30th April 2004
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                

0-60mph severely hampered by a poorly sorted gearbox, the fact that it is a turbocharged car (lag), the drivtrain layout, and an overly worrisome traction control. If saab tuned the TCS properly we could leave it on hit the hammer and let the electronics do the work a'la mercedes, bmw etc.
maybe there should be an in betweeen setting for sporty drivers, although with the PPC done it is aLOT better.
Old 30th April 2004

Join Date: Jul 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED
Than'kew. I also trust that we will not see a flood of "kill" stories. A few go a long, long way, if you know what I mean. Nice to read a particuarly interesting one every once and awhile, though massive numbers of those kinds of posts are what I associate with the more "ricey" or "V8" types of forums... and we do not want to go there, do we
oh, it was a quick race. there were a few cars on the freeway so i didn't want to push my luck with any changing lanes.
the funny thing is, this guy instigated the race by accelerating and slowing down in next to me, then in front of me before i changed lanes to teach him a lesson he would NEVER forget! =)
Old 1st May 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Oct 2003                                                

Quote:
oh, it was a quick race. there were a few cars on the freeway so i didn't want to push my luck with any changing lanes.
the funny thing is, this guy instigated the race by accelerating and slowing down in next to me, then in front of me before i changed lanes to teach him a lesson he would NEVER forget! =)
Hi everyone. Well, I did not want do do this, but this thread is locked. Your Moderator is just astounded by the above post. Two offenses on THE SAME THREAD

Sheesh - Some people just have to ruin it for everyone. That is why I don't just delete the whole thread. You have to kind of see this sort of thing to believe it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread