Back in the saddle again - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Workshop

C900 Workshop Classic 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th April 2004
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1984 T8
Default Back in the saddle again

After almost a year of driving a string of bog standard NA 8 valves, my 85 T16 is now the daily driver. Plenty of work to still do (Timing chain, CV boot and pads all around this weekend)(and a bunch of cosmetics and asthetics). But the car runs great. And the power difference is just silly. I had forgotten. Feels like a real rocket ship!
I could get the 8 valves going, but you had to work at it and carry unhealthy speed through corners just so you had some left at the exit. With the T16 I find I'm leaving it in 5th most of the time and just winding it up from 50mph (a lot! )
I have seen the dirty short side of 100mph more often than I should in the past few days!
On a side note, I took the 81 (nightmare distributor problems, but old friend) for "a walk to the back of the farm with a shovel"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th April 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: 5 Red C900T16 Verts

Sounds like fun. Keep it safe.
Old 14th April 2004
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                

T16s rule.

I've had a number of 'fast' cars over the years but nothing stirs the blood quite as much as the banshee whistle of the turbo coming on line and the rocketship shove of my t16s on the road.

After six months I still get out with a grin on my face, planning what to fix next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement