ppc ? - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan/Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X GENERAL Performance, Mods & Tuning
Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X GENERAL Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers general Tuning & Performance modifications for the Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-04-04
Banned

Join Date: Jan 2004                                                
Default ppc ?

i WILL BE GETTING MY PPC IN THREE DAYS, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE TECHS WILL EVER FIND OUT IF THERE HAS BEEN AN UPGRADE TO THE ECU, EVEN AFTER U UPLOADED THE ORIGINAL ECU, I AM JUST WONDERING, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING THE FORUMS AND CANNOT FIND AN ANSWER TO THIS ?
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT AND GOTO THE RACES, BY THE WAY LAST WEEK WAS AT THE RACES AND MY FRIEND WAS LIKE RACE IT, SO I WAS LIKE OK, I WENT AGAINST A ACCORD COUPE V6, AND IT WAS AN ILLEGAL RACE, BUT I WHIPPED THE **** OUT OF HIM, I ALWAYS HAD A LEAD IN EVERY GEAR, IT WAS FUNNY, I DIDN'T WANNA EVEN RACE HIM B/C THEY GOT 240 HP, BUT I WHIPPED HIM HEHE, I HOPE HE IS THERE WHEN I GOT THE UPGRADE, SO I CAN REALLY BLOW DOORS ON HIM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-04
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                

Why are you yelling :-??
Old 06-04-04
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero Vtuner Stage 0 Rev 2.0

I guess it must have been a good kill.
Old 06-04-04
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2003                                                

Little excited are we?
Old 06-04-04
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2003                                                

Its a little too early to be getting yelled at!

I don't think anyone knows if the tech can find out if the ECU has been modified. I imagine it all depends on how badly they want to know, it seems like the computer would log such a change but once again, who knows. I guess we'll find out when push comes to shove. 8)
Old 06-04-04
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9³SS Arc, 100k+ miles

You can always take 6 minutes & switch it back to factory settings. In fact, I'd recommend that, since if there is an ECU update, you'll be sure to get it & always have an up-to-date ECU.
Old 06-04-04
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2003                                                

I know you can always switch back, but what i'm conserned (and I think what he is talking about) is can they tell that you've switched the settings, and then switched back, I.e., does it keep some kind of log when the ECU is flashed... It would seem with such a software change the computer would log it somehow. But as I said before, maybe not, I don't know. :-?
Old 06-04-04
SaabNut!

Join Date: Oct 2003                                                

I would be very surprised if the ECU did not log this kind of activity, or leave a telltale when "updates" (official or otherwise) are performed. It is so easy to do this, and GM/SAAB stands to gain so much from it. Keep that in mind when working with the dealer - unless we get a definitive (preferably DOCUMENTED) answer from someone within the GM/SAAB technical fold, we do NOT know for certain how much they know!

From personal experience add the following: hot-rods break! And a good mechanic can tell a great deal from the failure.

Will they be inclined to look for this sort of thing? That would depend on the circumstances and the people involved, would it not? Most dealers have some sharp people on staff; they will (eventually) know of these products and be ready to deal with them from a business perspective. Would'nt you, if you were them?

Now, a related issue - how much does that extra power really cost?

No surprise that those of us in this forum like go-fast goodies. I've certainly done my share, and for many years. But when you hot-rod a car under warranty, you have to be willing to pay-to-play. A BIG part of that is being very realistic about what a warranty actually is, and what it requires from YOU (as well as from the dealer). A warranty is a contract. It requires both parties to perform in a certain way.

What is required from you? Bottom line - fair play.

Certainly, it will be difficult for the dealer to fault you if you say nothing at all, venture no opinions.

Once they begin to ask pointed questions though, your contractural responsibility kicks in. If you are asked, and you are completely honest, the dealer cannot deny warranty claims without showing cause-and-effect (laws vary, of course). On the other hand, the dealer will have every right to charge someone who LIES to them about this sort of thing with attempted fraud ... though they probably will just cancel your warranty entirely (due to breach of contract).

So do not fool yourself. If you make big performance-increasing changes to your car, be prepared to lose a big chunk of your warranty coverage. You might get lucky ... but you might have to pay up. :-?

That is just part of the price you pay for the performance gains. Factor it in! 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement