SaabCentral Forums banner

Question - PPC upgrade, any impact on gas consumption?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Saba 
#1 ·
I would like to find out if there is any significant impact on gas consumption with the PPC upgrade. Typically, by boosting power on cars, something has gotta give and the gas mileage is one of them.

Any comments?

#2 ·
I couldnt really answer your question in numbers, BUT, i am sure that with the PPC upgrade, no one will be able to afford flooring it all the time. If you do, you will see the gas meter go down with your own eyes AS fast as the speedo does (little bit of exagerration there :wink: ). However i found out that gas consumption increases, but not by a lot, because whenever you press, whether minor or major, the turbo WILL work harder! Come on mav, just buy the damn thing!!! :cheesy:

#3 ·
On my recent journey into the bush I clocked up just over 1000km and returned 8.0L/100km with the PPC. I regularly make that journey and consumption is usually 7.7-7.9L/100km without the PPC. So the PPC cost me an extra 2 litres of fuel over the 1000km. But I was a bit heavy on the foot this time :cheesy: :nono; Yep Mav, just buy the damn thing!

#4 ·
Saba said:
On my recent journey into the bush I clocked up just over 1000km and returned 8.0L/100km with the PPC. I regularly make that journey and consumption is usually 7.7-7.9L/100km without the PPC. So the PPC cost me an extra 2 litres of fuel over the 1000km. But I was a bit heavy on the foot this time :cheesy: :nono; Yep Mav, just buy the damn thing!

:D (LOL)
You guys (including SS) are funny.

Well, I will go for it (spending over CAD1000) when all those noises (whirring etc) and warning signals from the SID has been ironed out in future versions of the PPC by BSR.

#5 ·
mav238 said:
Saba said:

:D (LOL)
You guys (including SS) are funny.

Well, I will go for it (spending over CAD1000) when all those noises (whirring etc) and warning signals from the SID has been ironed out in future versions of the PPC by BSR.
I've found my fuel economy has improved, for like-for-like driving (as compared to before the PPC). I think this is what you needed to know. :)

As for the clicks and whirs, the thing is there is no issue with the PPC: the car is being powered up and down, and since the key's in the ignition Saab's diagnostics are doing their job. What would bother me is if it was still a problem once the tuning process completed. That hasn't happened to me.

By the way, the turbo whistle I referred to previously is actually getting quieter now after a few days of driving.

Go on, buy it! :-D

M

#6 ·
For those who have done the PPC update(s), how long does it take for the computer to 'adjust' to the new settings? I would like to apply the new settings while I'm at the shop, take it out for a few spins, and come back so I can do an immidiate dyno comparison.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.