9-3 full exhuast vid. - Page 2 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 22nd July 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0T

Not sure if anyone mentioned it (cronic skimmer), but the AT's for at least 03-11 9-3's are made by Asin-Warner, which is not GM...it's owned 51% by Toyota, last I checked anyway.

Saabs are actually quite "Euro" since they are (were) assembled in Sweden. Sourced parts were made to their specs. Calling a 9-3 a Colbat is like calling an XJ (Jag.) a Fusion. The 9-3 is actually more closely related to a G6 anyway...which is a wonderful car in V6 trim.
Advertisement

Old 22nd July 2012
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 aero 6 speed
Garage

that sounds awful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23rd July 2012
Saab Crazy

HAHAHA Had to listen to it after the last post...yeah, not my cup of tea. And it looks like an inch or two the end of that trash can needs removed. Better yet remove the whole thing and install a twin tip Magnaflow...like a 14815 or 14816. Just my 2 cents...
Old 23rd July 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2009 9-3 Vector SS, 2008 Turbo X SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafasco View Post
HAHAHA Had to listen to it after the last post...yeah, not my cup of tea. And it looks like an inch or two the end of that trash can needs removed. Better yet remove the whole thing and install a twin tip Magnaflow...like a 14815 or 14816. Just my 2 cents...
Sam, How is your custom exhaust coming along. REgards, Nigel
Old 23rd July 2012
Saab Lunatic

Pretty hard to get a decent sound out of the I4, that is where the V6 earns heaps of points - sounds awesome!
Old 24th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijee View Post
Sam, How is your custom exhaust coming along. REgards, Nigel
Hello Nigel,

Just cut the curved tips off the stock muffler, cut bumper, and installed some SS tips. It has a lil more tone to it. Im going to use some door edge trim around the cut out then sray the valance area with the matte black plasti dip.

So in short, not very far. Did this cheap mod cuz I'm going to do the GS DP next month and go from there and I was really tired of looking at the generic plain jane rear of my 08. It is now clear I can not weld worth a spoonful of peas, so not quite sure what to do yet from the DP back...maybe nothing.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Tips C.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	30628[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

(SORRY NOT TRYING TO HIJACK your thread!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tips A.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	30626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tips B.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	30627  
Old 25th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: Vtuned 2.0T

looks good.. bet it soumds better than op.
Old 26th July 2012
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafasco View Post
Hello Nigel,

Just cut the curved tips off the stock muffler, cut bumper, and installed some SS tips
YEs, apologies to OP.

Looks good. Like how you staggered your tips. Makes it look OEM. Are they welded in place?

This is the best thread I have seen about exhausts. If you are not going for 300+ HP the stock exhaust probably OK, maybe just change the muffler;

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...=169069&page=2
Old 28th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Oh thanks...yeah they are just spot welded right now...and not very well. I was going to try to weld them my self, but welding pipe upsidedown is an art that I am not capable of doing. :-)

Going to take it to Boise Muffer (hopefully next weekend) and have them fully weld the tips and remove the OEM resonator. I'll have em put in 2.5" pipe it it's place (its 2.5" up to the reonsoator and 2.25 after...if you were not aware).

Going to order the GS 3"DP next month. :-)

Cheers!
Advertisement