SaabCentral Forums banner

I Think I'll Give Up

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  bkrell 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I think I'll give up with the idea of fitting a MBC to '99 9-3se lpt.I've been told by Abbott that it cannot be done.I do not have a BPC as this is controlled by the ECU.All I can do is an ECU upgrade which they offered me 200 bhp for £250.
Thankyou for everyones help and input on this subject.You know who you are,Dead Centre,Boxman,Aero and Spatl.
Best Regards
Ray (Greeny) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :idea I think I'll go and buy a Viggen

#3 ·
Greetings ray.

No problem mate.
Sorry for not being around of late. 5 people were laid off at work last week. Nervous times ahead :roll:

To be honest I have not fitted my MBC due to the Boxman having bad times. I think i'll load it back on ebay and wait to get a Dawes or simillar.

Next job for me has to be the Konis and Eibachs that are sat in the shed. Just need new mounts and bearings for them.

I got a complete pair of 93 headlights for £35 of ebay the otherday :cheesy:
So thats this weekend soughted. Oh and I still have to fit that headgasket that Munki showed me how to do. Oh and yep there is still a list :lol:

Dead

#4 ·
You know, SQR-900T has a great point. The only difference is the two items. There is a saab junk yard here in ATL that you can check with or I could check for you. The website is
www.english-swedish.com you can give them a call as I know they have tons of ECU's laying around as well as BPC's. What I would not be familiar with is whether or not wiring needs to be run, but I can check with them as they are in my area. If you want me to check it out, I can talk to the Saab Doctor up there, his name is Chris and he will know what needs to happen. PM me if you're interested in me finding out. Obviously, the ecu would be easiest, but I still don't understand the deal here. I have fit many MBC's on LPT's in the past where the BPC was in there so your setup is different for some reason.

OKAY: Just got off the phone with Chris from english-swedish. Greeny...what car are you driving? is it a 9000? or a 900?

Some 9000s were equipped without a BPC and the turbo was connected straight to the wastegate. If you're running a 900 or 9-3, they all have BPC's. SO, if that is the case then someone has disconnected the BPC and bypassed it.

If it is a 9000, the information from Chris was that the car is prewired for a BPC (APC Solinoid), therefore you can add it if you'd like. He gave me a price of a BPC with all the hoses for $75. If you're interested, give him a call off the website.

BUT, with or without a BPC, you can do it. You would replace the existing hose coming off the turbo compressor with a longer hose connect your MBC and then another hose going to the WG. It can be done, definitely! End of story. Your game...

#7 ·
greeny greeny greeny where has the dunkirk spirit gone :-?? dont give up now your on the home run, yes i had problems with my MBC but thanks to spatl that should be sorted soon, all the BPC valve does is control the amount of boost pressure the WGA sees :! all the MBC does is control the amount of boost pressure the WGA sees :! to fit a MBC you do away with the BPC sol any way so all you need to do is as spatl said and replace the hose from the turbo to the WGA with two longer pipes and fit the MBC in the middle and then the world is your oyster as they say :cheesy:

boxman :wink:

#8 ·
what can I say. I'm touched with all this support.Excuse me while I wipe a tear from my eye........................................................................................OK thats better.yes thats right, we fought them on the beaches and ..........anyway I'll give it a try, what can I lose.Thanks Guys, oh no here we go again. :cry:

#19 ·
What kind of idiot would drive an auto 99 9-3??? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
No, I've always wondered how they handle turbo lag. I've heard some reviews state that Auto was the way to go to manage the Saab turbo lag. Others, of course, say "This car should only be driven in 5-speed form."

Ah, autos can be pretty convinient some times! Wait till you have kids Stalker!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.