interior styling - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning

NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th July 2012

Join Date: May 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1995 Saab 900 SE V6 5-Speed Convertable
Default interior styling

Ive been wanting to make the interior of my ng900 look a little better. I want to replace things like the rubber shift boot, shift know etc. Are there any saabs that came stock with leather knob, shift boot, handbrake boot that i could salvage off a junk vehicle. My funds wont allow me to buy ones from Genuine Saab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th July 2012

Join Date: Jun 2012                                                
My Saabs: 1994 Saab 900s

The SE models, in '96 and later years, came with both a leather shift knob and shift boot. All SE models came with a leather wrapped steering wheel as well. Hope this helps.
Old 4th July 2012
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
My Saabs: '97 NG900 'vert; '03 OG 9 'vert

^ What he said.

No stock leather brake boots in the NG900 or the 9-3. Some guys say they've made one for the 9-5 fit but I tried and I couldn't make it happen.
Old 4th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: '98 900SE 5-spd, 5-door

http://www.stateofnine.com/product/B...rake-Boot.html
Old 4th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: JZW Stage 1 9-3 2.8v6 Aero

http://shop..se/en/prod/90...rnal/arm-rest/
Old 4th July 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2010                                                
My Saabs: 99 9-5 V6 SE, 99 S Coupe, 01 SE Vert

My personal favorite shift knob is the all leather with the shift pattern embossed on it. Early 9-5 Aero's I think.

I too tried to get a 9-5 hand brake cover to fit, was close, but not close enough. -- A fresher set of brushes for the hand brake opening go a long way to improve the look if the current set are showing some age.

If you've got leather showing some age, consider repair and re-dye kits such as from LeatherMagic or Leatherique.

I've seen some pretty amazing jobs re-skinning the fascia on the dash. With the products on the market, almost any texture and hue are available from a carbon fiber look, brushed metal, matte, gloss pretty much you name it. Takes patience and a hair drier or heat gun.

I'm really not much of a chrome guy, but the chrome interior door latches are more pleasing to my eye than the dull gray ones.

Vinyl dye or replacement of the plastic interior door pulls will also clean things up.

Might sound hoaky, but a nice set of properly fitting carpeted floor mats can help a lot too.
Old 4th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: JZW Stage 1 9-3 2.8v6 Aero

How about swapping the steering wheel to a 9-3/9-5 Aero one? Will it fit the 900?

I've just started to do a few small changes to my interior, should be all done by August. I've swapped the steering wheel for the Aero one, vinyl wrapped the dash, new head unit and about to fit some vinyl covered door caps.

Dash was covered in some 3M Di-NOC vinyl wrap, takes a while to do and get right (mines not perfect)

I'm covering the centre console & in between the seats next plus centre glove box (basically all the grey plastic bits!)

Wood door caps & glove box trim covered

Plus covering around the grey door handles, pic below from google give an idea but a bit too much for me!!

More detail below on 5th page
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...=227446&page=5
Old 4th July 2012

Join Date: Jul 2010                                                
My Saabs: 9-3SE

This was a base S 9-3 that got the SE/Viggen steering wheel, saab wood grain shift knob, and chrome doors handles. (it did have a full interior swap though from an '02 SE as well).
Old 6th July 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyp83 View Post
Ive been wanting to make the interior of my ng900 look a little better. I want to replace things like the rubber shift boot, shift know etc. Are there any saabs that came stock with leather knob, shift boot, handbrake boot that i could salvage off a junk vehicle. My funds wont allow me to buy ones from Genuine Saab.
Some SE's will still have decent condition boots and knobs. My 99' has pretty decent shape knob and the boot is fairly new looking just dirty. The knobs are the crummy part as they are unique to our cars since the reverse lock-out feature is integrated into shifter tube and that ring you lift up on for reverse, meaning the Auto Zone ones won't work with out some modifications you may or may not like. The boots on the other hand can be replaced with other boots from other cars. I'd suggest removing it, then go find a newer Mazda or similar car with manual trans and find a boot with similar shaping and style that fits. The one in my SE is barely "real" leather. It's almost "pleather" like which is why I'm suggesting other cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement