Saab 9-7X over head DVD system - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-2X, 9-4X & 9-7X > 9-7X Workshop

9-7X Workshop 9-7X Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 28th June 2012

Join Date: Jun 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2008 Saab 9-7X 5.3I
Default Saab 9-7X over head DVD system

Hello everyone, I am new to Saab Central and am glad to be a part of the Saab community. I do have a question that I would like to ask. I have a 08 9-7X and the DVD player screen does not work. I can play a DVD and hear it just cannot get the screen to come on. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be? I have taken the DVD system down and all the wiring was connected correctly. Also if this cannot be fixed does anyone know where I can get just the screen since the DVD player works just not the screen? Thank you for your time and I look forward to learning about the 9-7X and maybe even connecting with other Saab owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28th June 2012

Join Date: Jun 2011                                                
My Saabs: 07 93 Aero SC

Hmm.. never had that problem on our old 97x after tons of use, but here's a thread that may help:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=75875

If the DIY route doesn't work, I would imagine you could find a used one floating around for cheap. They made tons of these across the Trollblazer platform.
Old 28th June 2012

Join Date: Jun 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2008 Saab 9-7X 5.3I

Are there any other things that I should look at that I may be missing? I know that the link you sent me says the wiring around the hinge to the screen but I couldn’t see anything that catches my eye. Any ideas on trouble shoot that I can try? Thank you for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement