Broken spring - upgrade recommendations? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 30th January 2012

Join Date: Jul 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 2.0T Sportcombi
Default Broken spring - upgrade recommendations?

Hi

I have a 2007 with a broken front spring, out of luck because I'm not included in the 2003-06 extended warranty on the springs (even though I'm frustrated as I think I should be covered - GM Canada is obviously not interested). Anyway, I just bought this car and was thinking of upgading the suspension in the medium term, perhaps now is the time.

I don't want to go too low because this is a daily family drive and I need some ground clearance for the Montreal winters, so my initial thought was to go to Aero springs (I have a 2.0T Anniversary)rather than an aftermarket 30mm drop. Would I need to upgrade the dampers if I go with the 10mm lower Aero springs? Also, are there other significant changes from the factory base to factory sports suspension? Last, any online source for these springs? My local dealer doesn't have them/doesn't seem interested in installing them on my car (they want to go by the colour code only).

Thanks for any help guys.

Last edited by phaco; 30th January 2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31st January 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 06 9-7x 5.3l OcEan BLeu Met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaco View Post
Hi

I have a 2007 with a broken front spring, out of luck because I'm not included in the 2003-06 extended warranty on the springs (even though I'm frustrated as I think I should be covered - GM Canada is obviously not interested). Anyway, I just bought this car and was thinking of upgading the suspension in the medium term, perhaps now is the time.

I don't want to go too low because this is a daily family drive and I need some ground clearance for the Montreal winters, so my initial thought was to go to Aero springs (I have a 2.0T Anniversary)rather than an aftermarket 30mm drop. Would I need to upgrade the dampers if I go with the 10mm lower Aero springs? Also, are there other significant changes from the factory base to factory sports suspension? Last, any online source for these springs? My local dealer doesn't have them/doesn't seem interested in installing them on my car (they want to go by the colour code only).

Thanks for any help guys.
I've got some Springs off my 05 Aero I need to sell 10mm drop.
Old 31st January 2012

Join Date: Jul 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 2.0T Sportcombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
I've just come back form the dealer with a pair of standard front springs (C$440 installed w/tax, for reference), besides I have the combi the rears don't match the sedan's. Thanks anyway.
Old 1st February 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Sep 2010                                                
My Saabs: 05 9-3 aero, 08 9-3 aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
Are these still available? I am interested how much are you looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement