Short ram intake - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible > Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning
Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Saab NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th December 2011

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: 1999 sabb car good too own
Default Short ram intake

Hi could I used Fujita competition air intake system on my 1999 9-3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th December 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: 1991 Saab 900 turbo convertible, AT

I'm sure someone else will chime in here, but shortram intakes don't do anything but allow more HOT engine compartment air into the intake system. They might LOOK cooler, but I wouldn't think they'd be any more efficient at drawing in cool air than the stock intake. I'd go with some kind of ram air setup, with an air inlet at the grill or something, before I'd spend money on a short ram setup.

I had one of these Fujita dual filter setups on a Saturn Sky I used to own. I drilled out the front honeycomb grill, so these Uni dual-foam filters were getting air from outside the engine compartment. I also drilled large holes in the lower front bumper area, by the driving lights, and had some 3" flex ducting routed up to the filters themselves. I think Fujita makes a good product, but I'd stay away from any kind of shortram.

This pic shows where I drilled out the lower honeycomb grills, and drilled large holes for the inlets for the flex ducting that went up to the Uni filters for the Fujita intake:

I'm sure something similar could be done. Heck, you could use a drop-in filter like K&N or Uni, and drill a hole in the stock airbox and route an air intake hose from the front of the car directly into it. Just make sure the hole is on the intake side of the air filter, lol!

Last edited by socal1200r; 4th December 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 4th December 2011
Super Moderator

Join Date: Dec 2007                                                
My Saabs: 97 900SE, JZW Stage HX35 w/m injection

here you go:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...63b0b5de3df88d

Sponsored Links
Advertisement