Tuning the boost with stock controller help? - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan/Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X GENERAL Performance, Mods & Tuning
Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X GENERAL Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers general Tuning & Performance modifications for the Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 19-11-11

Join Date: Jun 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Sportcombi
Default Tuning the boost with stock controller help?

I own a 2006 9-3 Sportcombi. I once read up on a way to tune up the boost a couple psi higher on the stock turbo with stock everything. It somehow involved removing a circlip and screwing a control arm in or out a few turns. i have been trying to find the article that showed how to do this but i cant anywhere. could someone help me out? also could anyone provide me a little info on installing a manual boost controller. i'm kind of a noob here, and would love some info. thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-11-11
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9 2.0T Custom E85 tune by JZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer6x View Post
I own a 2006 9-3 Sportcombi. I once read up on a way to tune up the boost a couple psi higher on the stock turbo with stock everything. It somehow involved removing a circlip and screwing a control arm in or out a few turns. i have been trying to find the article that showed how to do this but i cant anywhere. could someone help me out? also could anyone provide me a little info on installing a manual boost controller. i'm kind of a noob here, and would love some info. thanks everyone
Without a tune the ECU will just compensate for just about anything you throw at it. There is the wilder mod that people had some gains with in the beginning, but IIRC that even fell short and the ECU still just compensated. Best bang for your buck is going to be a tune, and skip the MBC all together.

My 2 pennies.
Old 19-11-11

Thanks man. Can you tell me more about this best bang for my buck tune you speak of?
Old 19-11-11
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9 2.0T Custom E85 tune by JZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer6x View Post
Thanks man. Can you tell me more about this best bang for my buck tune you speak of?
I guess I should back up, I am assuming that you are running a 4 banger (2.0T), if so I would look into JZW tuning. Quite a few of us here are running his tunes, he does everything from the older T5 and T7 cars to the T8 like we have. A quick google search will pull up his website, as well as a search on this forum will bring up a lot of info on his tunes. He also now offers a handheld tuner so you dont even need to send in your ECU to him to program. He also does V6 tunes, but im not familiar with the process on that one, you would have to contact him to find out. However John (JZW Tuning) has great customer service and he will make suggestions along the way depending on how far you want to take your car. Most of us have started with his stage 1, then the bug hits us and we go from there. Higher than stage 1 starts requiring new hardware and that is where it starts to get a little pricey. I started at stage 1, then went to stage 3, and now I am running a custom tune of his with E-85. Good luck and happy modding!
Old 19-11-11

wow sweet thanks man. im gonna dig into this and see what i can do. ill post back in a few weeks with any results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement