SERIOUS deals on a few NEW 9-5's - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15th September 2011
CleveSaab's Avatar
CleveSaab CleveSaab is offline
Saabista
 
Join Date: Nov 2002                                                
Location: Ohio
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 SC, 2013 Volvo C70
Posts: 10,305
Default SERIOUS deals on a few NEW 9-5's

(Y'all know I am not even remotely connected to any Saab dealer)

I thought it was a typo when I saw it. I don't understand how a dealer can sell new 9-5's for less then some 9-3's cost?
Is Mazda/Saab of Bedford getting out of the Saab business? Or is it just that they have apparently 30 of them on the lot and need to move a few?
They currently are offering 5 9-5's from $33,000 to one that is listed at $29,900!

They also have one 9-4 listed at $29K.

http://mazdasaabofbedford5.reachloca...aab/model/9-5/

Hope this helps someone....
__________________
2006 9-3 SCombi
2013 Volvo C70
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 15th September 2011
kanundrum's Avatar
kanundrum kanundrum is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009                                                
Location: Laurel, MD
My Saabs: 2011 Saab 9-4x
Posts: 3,442
Default

Whoa..... Know someone who may want this.
__________________
New Whip 2011 9-4x Aero XWD
My TurboX 02/08/2009 - 8/26/2012 RIP

3" Downpipe and Midpipe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ3nPLrEeRk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 15th September 2011
Kermit's Avatar
Kermit Kermit is offline
Saabista
 
Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
Location: London UK
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Vector 2.2Tid
Posts: 11,017
Default

Be nice if they put pictures of the specific vehicles instead of a generic 9-5 picture though.
__________________
..2 3 4
1...../ 5


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 15th September 2011
Xedus129's Avatar
Xedus129 Xedus129 is offline
SaabNut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
Location: New York
My Saabs: 04 9-3CV auto
Posts: 428
Default

I have a family member looking at the Buick Regal GS with all the options 2012 for like 26k (GM pep car), but the Turbo6 for 33k looks enticing.. I may need to gently sway opinion.
__________________
Boast the boost!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 15th September 2011
Xedus129's Avatar
Xedus129 Xedus129 is offline
SaabNut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
Location: New York
My Saabs: 04 9-3CV auto
Posts: 428
Default

So I have my grandmother absolutely sold on the 9-5, she has one now but its an 00 and its showing its age. The concern however is what happens if g-d forbid Saab goes belly up? What happens to warranties? I realize parts will be fine but will someone honor the warranty?

I really want to make this happen so I can drive this car..
__________________
Boast the boost!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 15th September 2011
J-Rod's Avatar
J-Rod J-Rod is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010                                                
Location: Louisville Kentucky
My Saabs: 2003 Saab 9-5 ARC
Posts: 4,393
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedus129 View Post
So I have my grandmother absolutely sold on the 9-5, she has one now but its an 00 and its showing its age. The concern however is what happens if g-d forbid Saab goes belly up? What happens to warranties? I realize parts will be fine but will someone honor the warranty?

I really want to make this happen so I can drive this car..
Some dealers are offering a full 5 year warranty covered by GM in addition to the one from Saab. They over lap, so as long as Saab stays around, you're covered on their warranty, but if they go down (Hope not!) the GM warranty takes over.
__________________
2003 Saab 9-5 Arc
Polar White on Black "STRMTRÜPR"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 15th September 2011
Xedus129's Avatar
Xedus129 Xedus129 is offline
SaabNut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
Location: New York
My Saabs: 04 9-3CV auto
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Some dealers are offering a full 5 year warranty covered by GM in addition to the one from Saab. They over lap, so as long as Saab stays around, you're covered on their warranty, but if they go down (Hope not!) the GM warranty takes over.
Do you have a link or somewhere I could get the information about this?
__________________
Boast the boost!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 16th September 2011
Rodentmaster's Avatar
Rodentmaster Rodentmaster is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
Location: Australia
My Saabs: ....................empty.
Posts: 2,254
Default

That's nothing..........
We have some bargains here too...........

Cheap 9-5s

And with the A$ at 106% of the US$...........we can't go wrong!
__________________
Quote:
Woah! Don't expect men to talk to your face if you patronise that establishment!
RodentMaster, post links responsibly!
Eat the Pudding!
------------
ODE to the N\A
"I have not TURBINE to compress my buttocks, O lord,
Pity will be thine when thoust can crap on with boost.
We of the 'N\A - N\A' knowst nil of the pulling glory,
Yea, to post, thy blight the day of those who pressurise their pipes,
Alas, suck be mine that my chariot breathes,
Strike me down for mine is an unworthy existance"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 16th September 2011
Rodentmaster's Avatar
Rodentmaster Rodentmaster is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
Location: Australia
My Saabs: ....................empty.
Posts: 2,254
Default

..........hhmm, previous entry = sarcasm.


sar·casm

/ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Show Spelled [sahr-kaz-uhm] - noun
1.
harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
__________________
Quote:
Woah! Don't expect men to talk to your face if you patronise that establishment!
RodentMaster, post links responsibly!
Eat the Pudding!
------------
ODE to the N\A
"I have not TURBINE to compress my buttocks, O lord,
Pity will be thine when thoust can crap on with boost.
We of the 'N\A - N\A' knowst nil of the pulling glory,
Yea, to post, thy blight the day of those who pressurise their pipes,
Alas, suck be mine that my chariot breathes,
Strike me down for mine is an unworthy existance"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 16th September 2011
lexington01 lexington01 is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008                                                
Location: Michigan
My Saabs: 07 9-3 SS Aero BSR (RIP). 2012 Wrangler
Posts: 1,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodentmaster View Post
That's nothing..........
We have some bargains here too...........

Cheap 9-5s

And with the A$ at 106% of the US$...........we can't go wrong!
That's alright, I'd rather have one of these anyways:
http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/co...edline-edition

Speaking of, did you know they imported the Commodore as a Pontiac G8 here in the US? I always wanted one and recently thought about trading my car in for a manual transmission G8. I can't believe how well they've held their value. I could only find a couple. The dealer nearest to me is asking $38,995 for a 2009!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1316176841232

Heck, the original MSRP was $37,600!!
http://autos.aol.com/cars-Pontiac-G8...Sedan/pricing/

I wish they'd bring it back again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 16th September 2011
96mn12's Avatar
96mn12 96mn12 is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
Location: Imported from Omicron Persei 8
My Saabs: 08' 9-3 Droptop
Posts: 3,451
Default



Holy mother of !$%^&%^$#


a 56K car for 37K? I just built the equivalent BMW 535ix, that came out to 64K.

SERIOUSLY TEMPTED...
__________________
Embrace the Suck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 16th September 2011
Nijee Nijee is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: May 2011                                                
Location: Wollongong, Australia
My Saabs: 2009 9-3 Vector SS, 2008 Turbo X SS
Posts: 1,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington01 View Post
I wish they'd bring it back again.
GMH has no plans at present for another 2 door coupe, known as the Monaro here downunder. Sold as Vauxhall in the UK as well, even the hard to please TopGear lads were big fans. Large rear wheel drive cars an Australian specialty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 16th September 2011
96mn12's Avatar
96mn12 96mn12 is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
Location: Imported from Omicron Persei 8
My Saabs: 08' 9-3 Droptop
Posts: 3,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijee View Post
GMH has no plans at present for another 2 door coupe, known as the Monaro here downunder. Sold as Vauxhall in the UK as well, even the hard to please TopGear lads were big fans. Large rear wheel drive cars an Australian specialty.

The Monaro VXR was the Pontiac GTO 6.0 V8 on the Colonies, it sold very poorly so it was killed off after a couple of years...
__________________
Embrace the Suck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 16th September 2011
morinc1's Avatar
morinc1 morinc1 is offline
Saab Crazy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010                                                
Location: Midlothian, VA
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 2.0T
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveSaab View Post
(Y'all know I am not even remotely connected to any Saab dealer)

I thought it was a typo when I saw it. I don't understand how a dealer can sell new 9-5's for less then some 9-3's cost?
Is Mazda/Saab of Bedford getting out of the Saab business? Or is it just that they have apparently 30 of them on the lot and need to move a few?
They currently are offering 5 9-5's from $33,000 to one that is listed at $29,900!

They also have one 9-4 listed at $29K.

http://mazdasaabofbedford5.reachloca...aab/model/9-5/

Hope this helps someone....
$27,990 here in Minneapolis with Saab loyalty.

http://www.stpaulsaab.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deals to be had? aaonr1969 9-5 Workshop 9 4th May 2010 12:07 AM
Deals after Oct. 2nd joemama 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 3 23rd September 2006 10:53 AM
9-3 Deals Meiac09 The Lounge 0 1st January 2006 05:41 PM
Deals on 9-3s Saab Yankee 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 1 9th October 2004 12:32 AM
Deals on 9-3s Saab Yankee 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 0 8th October 2004 11:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.