kick down cable route - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 31st August 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1989 saab 9000 1992 9000 1993 9000
Default kick down cable route

Hi all I put the auto box into my 93 9000 with TCS and I am have some concern on the routing off the kick down cable on the trans. The cable travels in an almost loop to the KDW and there is some confusion on the brackets on the bell housing and frame. Does anyone know where I can find or have a picture of the cable in its correct position?
steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1st September 2011
Saab Crazy

I have posted some pictures to try and explain what I mean. I have the tail end correct, but as the cable leaves the trans, I am not sure if it is routed correct the way I have it. There is a third removable bracket on the bell housing that looks like it should be used. All the information I can find is only for the 93 without the KDW.
Thanks steve

Last edited by sp53; 27th March 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 1st September 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 96 9K CSE, 97 9K CS, 96 9K CS, 94 9K CSE

NOTE: Component identifier numbers used in the following illustrations relate to specific steps in the procedures below.

NOTE: This adjustment should be carried out before calibration.

1. From transmission number 174150- a modified kick-down cable has been installed, with the end protector removed and better lubrication.
    • Around the same time (from chassis number P1020737), the bracket for the Kickdown Cable Motor (KDW motor) was reinforced.
    • If this reinforced bracket is used on older cars the omega clip should NOT be installed.
  1. Push the KDW motor lever fully away from the outer cable adjusting clip.
  2. Check that the lever reaches the mechanical stop on the KDW motor at the same time as the cable reaches its mechanical stop in the transmission.
    • If OK: Proceed to point 5.
    • If not OK: Proceed to point 4.
  1. Detach the outer cable clip and move the outer cable to comply with point 3.
    • Then proceed to point 5.
  1. Check that the cable and its casing are straight.
    • If necessary, the cable casing.holder is bent so that the cable and cable casing are aligned.
Old 2nd September 2011
Saab Crazy

Wow Chengy I am impressed, where did you find that? It even comes with instructions on how to set the cable. I am very grateful. You must have access to factory manuals. That settles that big issue about cable adjustment. I think I might have figured out the problem I was having with the cable on the other end as it leaves the trans case. Near as I can figure, the one cable clip I was concerned about fits the vehicles without the KDW and was on the Bell housing (perhaps this trans is not the original). Anyways, I say that because the bracket is on the other car I have without KDW and I cannot see how it could work on a KDW system. If I do this again, I am taking pictures.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement