2004 saab 9-3 driver side mirror side fell off - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th June 2011

Join Date: Oct 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2004 saab 9-3 linear 2.0t
Default 2004 saab 9-3 driver side mirror side fell off

hi guys my driver side mirror just fell off. i order one from this site and i want to instal it myself. is this something simple to do? i was told that i have to remove the black pad tha is behind the mirror, do i have to or can i just go and glue the mirror on the frame just like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Nocturne Blue 9-3ss Linear
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
hi guys my driver side mirror just fell off. i order one from this site and i want to instal it myself. is this something simple to do? i was told that i have to remove the black pad tha is behind the mirror, do i have to or can i just go and glue the mirror on the frame just like that.
When mine fell off, I just glued it to the backing. It's been months and no issues. Just make sure you use glue that can withstand freezing and high heat temperatures. Some people use silicone instead of glue.
Old 8th June 2011

Join Date: Oct 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2004 saab 9-3 linear 2.0t

the mirror i order comes with silicone type glue, i was just wondering if i had to scrape the black pad
Old 8th June 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 SS Aero V6T Maptun Stage 1

I would scrape off and remove any pre-existing glue before applying to new mirror in order to ensure that the mirror adheres to the rest of the car.

Best car I have ever owned!
Old 18th September 2011

Join Date: Sep 2011                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-3

Where can I order the left side replacement mirror and will it work if I have heated mirrors?
Old 19th September 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Nocturne Blue 9-3ss Linear
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kypilot View Post
Where can I order the left side replacement mirror and will it work if I have heated mirrors?
www.genuinesaab.com and yes it will work if it's a heated mirror. The mirror itself is not heated, the backing it mounts to has the heating element.
Old 23rd February 2014

Join Date: Feb 2014                                                
Default side view mirrors

https://www.internetglassnetwork.com/ssl/saab/9_3.htm
is a good link to whats seems is an ongoing issue with the 93/95 mirrors. It has very good info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement