P0705 Fault Code Problem - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.II, 2010 onwards > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 2010 onwards Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd June 2011

Join Date: Jul 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 SE Wagon, 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon
Default P0705 Fault Code Problem

I've gotten to the end of my guess work on my own so I could use a little help from the membership here. I've got a 2000 9-5 Aero Estate wih an auotmatic transmission.

I started getting a P0705 fault code several months ago which usually indicates a neutral safety switch going bad. This resulted in the check engine light coming on with the check transmission light and going into the limp home mode. I reset the code and it drove normally for awhile but then the car wouldn't start a couple of times without rowing through the gears and the the code couldn't be cleared. I decided to rebuild the switch and it didn't solve my problem so I thought I had messed up the rebuild and bought a new $300 switch with the same result.

Help!

Are there any other causes for this code? I thought it might have been a Tech 2 reset only so I drove by my Indy and he had the same result. I put the rebuilt switch back in and now I'm looking for other possible causes. I can clear the code, start the car and as soon as all the diagnostic tests light go out the same two come back on and I'm back in the limp mode.

Anyone have experience down this path?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Benp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd June 2011

Join Date: Jul 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 SE Wagon, 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon
Default Sorry Wrong Forum

I moved this to the correct forum.

Sorry!