Top Gear in Santa Cruz - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1st June 2011
Tennisdad's Avatar
Tennisdad Tennisdad is offline
Saab Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
Location: Santa Cruz, California
My Saabs: '06 2.0T ARC droptop, '92 900 'vert
Posts: 578
Default Top Gear in Santa Cruz

Just a heads up for all you Top Gear fans [the American one that is] They were filming a segment of an episode where the three each buy a car for $5oo and drive it 500 miles. They had the cars on the Santa Cruz Wharf and were contemplating a drive up Hwy 17 [no way I'm taking that route in a $500 car without backup]
I spoke to one of the stars and he said that even though it is the American version it is a BBC show and the technical crew are all British.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 1st June 2011
04_maine aero's Avatar
04_maine aero 04_maine aero is offline
Saab Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
Location: kittery, me
My Saabs: wife's 04 9-3, my 9-3, fd3s in garage
Posts: 767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisdad View Post
Just a heads up for all you Top Gear fans [the American one that is] They were filming a segment of an episode where the three each buy a car for $5oo and drive it 500 miles. They had the cars on the Santa Cruz Wharf and were contemplating a drive up Hwy 17 [no way I'm taking that route in a $500 car without backup]
I spoke to one of the stars and he said that even though it is the American version it is a BBC show and the technical crew are all British.

That is cool, I wish I could have seen jeremy, hammond and captain slow when they did the east coast a while back. I tried watching the American show but to be honest, it sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 1st June 2011
Matt1488's Avatar
Matt1488 Matt1488 is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
Location: Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA
My Saabs: 9³ It go PSHHHH at MPS Tune stage 3
Posts: 2,777
Garage
Default

I watch the american show. Nowhere as good at the British one but yes the same british writters are writting the American one. I just wished they came up with new ideas. Im watching season 10 of the british show and pretty much everything that happened there was mimiced for the american show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 1st June 2011
boon94's Avatar
boon94 boon94 is offline
Saab on the Brain!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
Location: Maine
My Saabs: '09 Forester XT
Posts: 7,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1488 View Post
I watch the american show. Nowhere as good at the British one but yes the same british writters are writting the American one. I just wished they came up with new ideas. Im watching season 10 of the british show and pretty much everything that happened there was mimiced for the american show.
Well that must be the problem. American's with American accents cannot deliver British humor except for on Frasier. (But I didn't notice any humor in the American Episodes I watched, I figured those idiots wrote it themselves),

All Episodes from the british version are on Netflix Instant Play
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 1st June 2011
awjones's Avatar
awjones awjones is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007                                                
Location: PA
My Saabs: '07 9-3ss ARC
Posts: 2,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_maine aero View Post
I tried watching the American show but to be honest, it sucks
agreed. as clarkson would say, its pure rubbish!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 2nd June 2011
SaabHat93's Avatar
SaabHat93 SaabHat93 is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007                                                
Location: Santa Clara, CA
My Saabs: None!
Posts: 1,289
Default

I live just over the hill and didn't hear about it.

When did they film?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
Saab-assisted Schadenfreude is awesome.
My pictures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 2nd June 2011
KnightsNick31 KnightsNick31 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010                                                
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
My Saabs: 2003 9-3 SS 2.0t
Posts: 42
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_maine aero View Post
That is cool, I wish I could have seen jeremy, hammond and captain slow when they did the east coast a while back. I tried watching the American show but to be honest, it sucks
I completely agree. I may be from the USA but our version of the show does not do it justice. I've seen every episode/special from the british version and all I can say is that I wish they would make more episodes per season right now. I hate only getting 6-8 episodes per series. Bring back the 13-15 episode seasons!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 3rd June 2011
Tennisdad's Avatar
Tennisdad Tennisdad is offline
Saab Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
Location: Santa Cruz, California
My Saabs: '06 2.0T ARC droptop, '92 900 'vert
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabHat93 View Post
I live just over the hill and didn't hear about it.

When did they film?
I saw them here Wednesday morning June 1st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1987 900 Turbo, AT AC Convertible - needs head gasket - Santa Cruz, CA nick5446 Cars for Sale - North America 1 14th April 2010 11:12 AM
Red SPG with Maine plates in Santa Cruz? Smackrazor The Lounge 15 10th March 2007 06:41 PM
Santa prionailurus The Lounge 1 29th December 2006 02:38 PM
Santa mk six The Lounge 21 17th December 2004 04:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.