trial software?? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 21st April 2011

Join Date: Oct 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 2.0T
Default trial software??

sorry with another Hirsch thread, but what's it mean that the engine upgrade is only available as a Trial Software??
http://extranet.hirsch-performance.c...rket/11/year/8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st April 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                
My Saabs: MY08 9-3 Aero 2.0T Convertible

It tells you on that page, in the key at the bottom
Quote:
"Trial version only": Upgrade available for dealer demonstrator cars, homologation papers available soon
basically the software hasn't yet been cleared for general sale in the US, but will be soon.
2007 93convertible MY08 - bought 2010 2.5yrs old
Old 21st April 2011

Join Date: Apr 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2003 Saab Arc 93

only available for dealers at the moment
Old 21st April 2011
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 280-XWD Aero & a 2.0 XWD

When you read the Hirsch EU sites it sounded like you could download some upgrades and try them for 3 days and then they would expire.

Many engine upgrades required things like an intercooler or turbo however.

Saabs United was the best initial source for Hirsch but there is conflicting information regarding the release dates.

One release said right about now with "spring 2011" and then another said a delay but around the "2'nd fiscal qurarter" but that can vary. Did they perhaps mean the UK FQ2? In the US that is about the same

Things change. Originally they reported that any car on the list of the CAB (California Air Resources), would be available in the US but later the Hirsch site now lists the upgrades for the Turbo X or related (280 horse), engines as "not available in your market". The motor does appear on the CAB list US published but in the formative stages with marketing perhaps some were dropped?

Probably the best thing is to call one of the dealers on that list I bumped for current US information.

I have dropped the hunt for Hirsch since they don't allow a 280 upgrade.

Good Luck

Last edited by TunnanXWD; 21st April 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 21st April 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                
My Saabs: MY08 9-3 Aero 2.0T Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnanXWD View Post
When you read the Hirsch EU sites it sounded like you could download some upgrades and try them for 3 days and then they would expire.
Hirsch are doing a 10 day free trial for their software upgrades, at least here in the UK they are.
It works by you paying the dealer to install the software, then if after 10 days you decide you don't want the upgrade, you go back to the dealer get them to remove the software and get a full refund.
If you do want to keep the upgradde, then you've already paid
2007 93convertible MY08 - bought 2010 2.5yrs old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement