Emblem came off in car wash - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10th April 2011

Join Date: Jan 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2006 saab sport wagon turbo
Default Emblem came off in car wash

Hello fellas, I have another problem to ask you about. It seems simple enough, but something that I've never heard of before. As you may remember, I just purchased an 06 Aero. I live in the Detroit area where I have to put up with bad weather and salted roads in the winter. I've been trying to keep the car as clean as possible, so I ran it through the car wash a couple of times. To my surprise, the last time I noticed that the trunk emblem was missing! I went back to the car wash to look for it but couldn't find it. I had never seen anything like this with all the cars I've owned over the years. After a couple of days, I noticed that the metal part was still attached to the car with an imprint of the emblem on it. I searched the forum and found someone who was trying to replace a hood emblem, several people suggested a "sticker" instead of replacing the entire emblem itself. If I go this same route, should I be concerned that the new sticker will also come off if I run the car through the wash again? Usually emblems last longer than the car does, this truly amazes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10th April 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 01 9-5 Wagon (RIP); 05 9-5 Aero (gone)

Common problem, the paint comes off the emblems. Replace with a sticker and never worry about it again. They don't come off.

http://www.eu-decals.com/index.php?a...&productId=433

Old 14th April 2011

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: '05 9-5 Arc wagon, Steel Grey/Charcoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrydrix View Post
Hello fellas, I have another problem to ask you about. It seems simple enough, but something that I've never heard of before. As you may remember, I just purchased an 06 Aero. I live in the Detroit area where I have to put up with bad weather and salted roads in the winter. I've been trying to keep the car as clean as possible, so I ran it through the car wash a couple of times. To my surprise, the last time I noticed that the trunk emblem was missing! I went back to the car wash to look for it but couldn't find it. I had never seen anything like this with all the cars I've owned over the years. After a couple of days, I noticed that the metal part was still attached to the car with an imprint of the emblem on it. I searched the forum and found someone who was trying to replace a hood emblem, several people suggested a "sticker" instead of replacing the entire emblem itself. If I go this same route, should I be concerned that the new sticker will also come off if I run the car through the wash again? Usually emblems last longer than the car does, this truly amazes me.
I live in Windsor, ON and my hood emblem paint went missing after a huge pile of snow slid off my car this winter. I purchased my old '00 9-5 with missing colour on the badge. We replaced that one with an OEM.

I've heard the stickers last very well. Does anyone think the '3-D' decals look like original? I mean, right down to the correct typeface for the SAAB lettering? It would drive me crazy if it looked less than original.
Woody: That wasn't flying! That was... falling with style!
Old 14th April 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Feb 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-5 Arc 2006 9-3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyPocket View Post
I live in Windsor, ON and my hood emblem paint went missing after a huge pile of snow slid off my car this winter. I purchased my old '00 9-5 with missing colour on the badge. We replaced that one with an OEM.

I've heard the stickers last very well. Does anyone think the '3-D' decals look like original? I mean, right down to the correct typeface for the SAAB lettering? It would drive me crazy if it looked less than original.
It has the correct typeface. Look at the picture in MacNoob's post.

It won't say PAALA, though
Old 14th April 2011

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: '05 9-5 Arc wagon, Steel Grey/Charcoal

A couple of years ago, I actually saw a company online that would make custom decal emblems. Hmmmmmmmm.....
Woody: That wasn't flying! That was... falling with style!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement