Bad Slave - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Workshop

C900 Workshop Classic 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 7th April 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1990 900s and 1995 9000 Aero
Default Bad Slave

Hey guys I have got some advice but I am kinda confused and Ifigured Id give a little more info here. My 1990 C900 is havin clutch/brake issues, and I don't know if they are inter related.

The brake pedal is stiff as hell.. takes a ton of strength to push it and the car does not stop well at all. Anti Lock light is on. Swapped newer front pads and helped a LITTLE, but not really.

Slave is not fully compressing the pressure plate fingers, or releasing fully from the pressure plate fingers. Could these issues stem from the system needing to be bleed? I pulled the slave out and it seems fine. Never leaked.. What should I check with the slave out?

Any advice would be geately appreciated!
Thanks!
Alex

"Maturity is too high a price to pay for growing up."

Last edited by SOAB; 7th April 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 7th April 2011
Banned

Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1992 900S // 1991 Turbo Vert SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
Hey guys I have got some advice but I am kinda confused and Ifigured Id give a little more info here. My 1990 C900 is havin clutch/brake issues, and I don't know if they are inter related.

The brake pedal is stiff as hell.. takes a ton of strength to push it and the car does not stop well at all. Anti Lock light is on. Swapped newer front pads and helped a LITTLE, but not really.

Slave is not fully compressing the pressure plate fingers, or releasing fully from the pressure plate fingers. Could these issues stem from the system needing to be bleed? I pulled the slave out and it seems fine. Never leaked.. What should I check with the slave out?

Any advice would be geately appreciated!
Thanks!
Alex
I am sure you asked the same question last week; no??? (maybe it wasn't you)

the brake fluid if it hasn't been completely changed within the past year, drain, flush, fill, and bleed the system; it may help.

the clutch read here on going thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207718
Old 7th April 2011
Saab Crazy

Yeah it was me, figured I'd give more detail.. Im ready to give up on it at this point.. whether th slave is good or not the clutch is now bad.. my method of compressing the pressure plate fingers with a screwdriver (which has never done damage before took a chunk outta the clutch.. I don't have 300.. I barely have the money for the ticket I got for expired inspection I got and the inspection Im getting tomorrow for my 9k.. my girl frined got a ticket driving it today too.. they are pulling everyone over for anything cause Obamas in town.. im just ****ing done..

Old 7th April 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2009                                                
My Saabs: C900 vert white 92, c900 vert 92 yellow

Re the brakes, sounds like the brake pump is not working for some reason. When I first put my car together, I had exactly the same symptoms. Luckily turned out I hadn't pushed a connector at the side ot the pump under the resevoir fully home. Other things to check are the ABS/brake fuses.
Old 7th April 2011
Banned

Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1992 900S // 1991 Turbo Vert SE

Loss the tude my friend; the car has no feelings and wont be bothered either way. Its yourself you hurt. its mechanical, your options are clear, fix it or forget it.

Quite simple really..

Go back and re-read all the post to your initial question. Search the forum for posts with good results to your issue; determine what your gunna do and get to it! the answers you get now wont change from what you got before...

In the words of the Cable Guy; "Get Er Done"!

Check the ABS Module under the back seat.. Your Anti Lock is on could mean the entire Module is toast; they sell for about $100 used... If the light is on, you can pull the code and find out the issue
Old 7th April 2011
Saab Crazy

Yeah thanks dude.. sorry 'bout that. Please excuse that rant, I snapped. I know it didn't help. I hope you know none of that was directed at you!

Sorry guys!
Ill quit the *****in!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement