For Sale: Saab 9000 Aero 2.3l Auto - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab MarketPlace > United Kingdom & Europe - Buy & Sell > Cars for Sale - UK & Europe

Notices

Cars for Sale - UK & Europe For Sale - All Saab Car Models to the Present Day

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 27th January 2011

Join Date: Jan 2011                                                
My Saabs: 9000 Aero
Default For Sale: Saab 9000 Aero 2.3l Auto

Hi,

I have for sale a 9000 Aero. This is an N reg car (1996) and has quite high mileage at 210,000, but still drives smoothly and is very comfortable.

I bought it last June and it has been used daily since then, unfortunately it has developed a few faults and is in need of some TLC to restore it to it's former glory. This is something I have neither the cash or the know-how to do so I've decided to part with it and hope it goes to a good home!

Externally it has a few little dings on the body work from a previous owner. Internally it's in fairly good condition considering it's age.

Good points are:
Taxed until the end of May 2011
MOT runs out in March
Has original Aero alloys on it (worth a bit so i'm told)
Comes with a box of spare parts and a Haynes manual.
Recently replaced the Direct Ignition Cassette, it's done less than 4000 since then.
It's had a full check over by a mechanic who owns a 9000 aero, he said it's in good condition mechanically other than the points below.

Now the bad points:
It has an oil leak, i'm told by my mechanic that it's coming from the crank shaft.
The power steering fluid has a leak from somewhere.
The Air Con doesn't work and won't charge up, presume another leak.
It needs some work doing to the front suspension.
Needs replacement rubbers on the exhaust.
Needs some replacement pipes on the engine.

For this I'm after 500 as it's cost me over that replacing the Direct Ignition unit and taxing it, but I'm very open to offers as I'm not sure what it's worth. I really want it to go to a Saab enthusiast as it's a lovely car and deserves a second lease of life!

I'm based in Nottingham, if anyone wants pictures please email me and I'll send them over. My address is deadspannered@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1st February 2011

Update:

I have a new car on the way and need the space, so I've been in touch with my local Saab breakers and they've offered me 150 for the car with me keeping the tax disc.

So if anyone wants the car I'll accept any offer over that!

Please get in touch before this Saturday (5th Feb) otherwise it has a date with the breakers!
Old 8th February 2011

Scrapped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement