so many problems, so little time - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning

C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Classic 900 (C900)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 26th January 2011

Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1988 900 Turbo, 1986 900S
Default so many problems, so little time

this is going to be kindofa a rant so brace yourselves.
i very recently bought a 1989 900 turbo vert. new engine and trans, only needed top. well less than a week into it, top was completely shot, turbo started blowing smoke, and then it died. i towed it to the shop to be told i had no gas in the car when i had fueled it two days prior. when i picked it up i went to the pump and it started pouring out of the tank. another week in and many calls from the shop stating the car was ready, it STILL was leaking gas. on top of that we suffered a cople days of heavy rain and with the hole in the top the interior flooded as it sat at the shop. now, all my windows are stuck in the down position, for somereason the ignition barrell is so sticky that it actually locks the started on and feels like the key will break and its still leaking gas with a bad turbo.
I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START.
my priority is to get the turbo system finished up,
then fuel,
then windows,
and lastly to just (|||||> the stock keyed ignition and throw in some aircraft style switches.

anybody have any recommendations, help, advise
i bought the car for $2000 it was great, not im $2500 into it and its a PITA. third classic saab in under a year. the other two had their issues but were otherwise great.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27th January 2011

Join Date: Jul 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 aero 135k miles all stock

Personally if u can buy a jalopi for a few hundred or have another car to drive put it in the garage till its all done that way there is no deciding on what to do but i would start with the turbo =) then i would do the interior and exterior issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27th January 2011

thankfully exterior is in great shape.
but yeah thats what i was planning on doing, the car runs too strong to just let it go. what im doing as of right now is just bumming rides from the rents and thinking of it as a personal chaufer service
but yes. ATM im trying to figure out how im going to squeeze the monster turbo under the hood.

more to come
Old 27th January 2011

Well if you are trying to figure that out i would first purchase the other items to FIX the car b4 modding it =) but to each their own as u could have the rest of the car ready 4 the monster turbo. Also remember it isnt as simple as throwing a bigger turbo on it to get more power and boost.. U will need injectors, FMIC, freeflowing exhaust, and an ecu mod as a few items =)
Old 27th January 2011

already have all of the above
i mean, on the black 900 i had (see my avatar?) i modded that one to hell and back minus bigger turbo and FMIC
this go round ive got everything lined up and ready, and the car is ready for the additional power
Old 27th January 2011

Beautiful car =) glad to see another wonderfully restored Saab I was just throwing out the info strait forward as many ppl come on here stating the same. (No offence intended) then there is the few who actually have the know how to do it =) right now i am doing a upper end job on my 9-5 aero so i know the over loading of stuff 2 do =p
Old 27th January 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2009                                                
My Saabs: 86 & 87 Flatnose T'verts, 86 SPG, 89T

A friend of mine sticks an open umbrella into the holes of his convertible top. Works surprisingly well.

When you say it was leaking fuel, was it the fittings at the pump? I think the first thing to do is fix the fueling system and get the car running, then worry about the turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement