Heater/AC fan not working- blower motor? - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > Saab 9000 Workshop
Saab 9000 Workshop Saab 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 19th January 2011

Join Date: Jan 2011                                                
My Saabs: 94 9000 cde
Default Heater/AC fan not working- blower motor?

I have shot the wires from the fuse panel to the controls and its good there but cannot find the blower motor itself to see if i am getting any power to there if anyone knows where this is please let me know? or if it could be something else let me know too. still new to the saab world and newer cars with all these wires and parts but can fix it if i just know where to look help please its cold over here in italy right now. Oh ya and its a 1994 saab 9000 cde
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19th January 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1996 9000 CSE 2.3 16v 1997 CS 2.3 LPT

The ventilation blower is in the vestibule between the inner and outer fire walls. I think it is commonly called "fishbowl" or "aquarium" - something like that. Saab calls it the "bulkhead" and calls the plastic cover the "bulkhead panel".

The cover to this area is in the far back of the engine compartment - spans from hood hinge to hood hinge. If you find the hose for the windshield washers and follow it down - that is where the bulkhead is.

To access this area and the blower motor:

1. Open the hood.

2. Remove the bulkhead panel. It is secured by eight #20 torx screws (I think). And the washer hose connector.

Thats it.
Old 19th January 2011

ya i discovered that much once i posted the thread i appreciate it but cant seem to find the blower motor inside there. Is it inside the big plastic POS that can be hardly opened?
Old 19th January 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1996 9000 CSE 2.3 16v 1997 CS 2.3 LPT

The motor and fan (close coupled) mount on the RH side of the split in the evaporator casing (the big plastic POS). Notice the disconnected wiring harness connector.

In case you need to change the blower here is a nice step-by-step procedure with images:

http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/v...wer/blower.php
Old 20th January 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengny View Post
The motor and fan (close coupled) mount on the RH side of the split in the evaporator casing (the big plastic POS). Notice the disconnected wiring harness connector.

In case you need to change the blower here is a nice step-by-step procedure with images:

http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/v...wer/blower.php

hey i appreciate all the help hopefully this will help me i just hope i dont have to change the blower there is alot of extra wires and stuff on this car they used to have it run on propane as well so it would be a pain in the A**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement