Front Sway Bar - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning

C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Classic 900 (C900)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th December 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
My Saabs: '02 9-5 Aero/3 c900T/1 c900 8v
Garage
Default Front Sway Bar

Shox.com

They have a front sway bar listed. Would I gain anything from getting one? It would be going on an '84 900S. Also I am in need of new shocks. Should I go Bilstein Or Koni's? I may be able to get a good price on Koni's but I have not asked yet.
GenuineSaab.com
Project Thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th December 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1986 900S 16V N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
Shox.com

They have a front sway bar listed. Would I gain anything from getting one? It would be going on an '84 900S. Also I am in need of new shocks. Should I go Bilstein Or Koni's? I may be able to get a good price on Koni's but I have not asked yet.
The general wisdom is that a front sway bar will detract from handling, while a rear sway bar will improve it. This follows the general rule of thumb that you should not have a sway bar on the driven wheels, and is why all the RWD junkies put them on front (and thus why front sway bars are more present in the tuner-mindset). I say, wait until you find a rear one.

I have Koni adjustables on the Lotus I'm rebuilding. They seem very good quality, but they were very expensive. I think the Koni adjustables on full-stiff setting are about on par with Bilstein HD shocks, from what I've heard. It is possible to order Konis with custom valving depending on what you are doing with them.
Old 5th December 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2009                                                
My Saabs: '02 9-5 Aero/3 c900T/1 c900 8v
Garage

Ok so the rear sway bar is what I need. I knew one of the sway bars degraded the handling I just forgot which one it was momentarily. My grandpas has the front and I can tell the difference. They also sell the rear so at some point I'll get one.
I knew you could get them revalved but didn't think I would need to as I'm not dropping my car to the floor or racing it Alot. I just need them to give me better handing and hold up to minor rallying if I can get into it
GenuineSaab.com
Project Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement