2002 saab 93 se blower motor location??? - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible > Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop
Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop Saab NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 29-11-10

Join Date: Apr 2010                                                
My Saabs: 200 9-3 Vector 6 speed
Default 2002 saab 93 se blower motor location???

Hey i have a 2002 saab 93 and my blower motor stop working. It did that once and it worked on its own again after a few day, but so far it has been like that for a month now and i was wondering where is the motor blower located in the car so i can take it out. If i can get the step on how to get it out that would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-11-10

Join Date: Jan 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2002 93 SE

I replaced mine in my 2002 93 se also. It is under the cabin air filter, under the wiper shield at the bottom of the windshield. To access, remove wiper arms, remove shield under arms, remove the top of the blower box which houses the recirc doors. I believe the blower is held in with a couple of screws. I got my replacement from eeuroparts. Has been working great for 3 years!
Old 29-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_atl View Post
I replaced mine in my 2002 93 se also. It is under the cabin air filter, under the wiper shield at the bottom of the windshield. To access, remove wiper arms, remove shield under arms, remove the top of the blower box which houses the recirc doors. I believe the blower is held in with a couple of screws. I got my replacement from eeuroparts. Has been working great for 3 years!
Thanks for the info. I found it for $195 @ eeuroparts. It's a lot of work to remove the motor blower so i don't wanna buy a used one. By the way i tried to turn the ac on to see if anything happened and i see the clutch on the ac compressor don't even engage do you think the blower have something to do with that. Do you ever change your turbo by the way or do you think it's a good idea to unplug the hose that go to the boost pressure valve and plug it with a screw? Thanks for the quick reply
Old 29-11-10
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2000 Viggen 5-door

It is actually VERY simple in this model. You should try it in a C900!!
Old 29-11-10
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2007                                                
My Saabs: '01 Viggen Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
It is actually VERY simple in this model. You should try it in a C900!!
I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!

I just changed my cabin air filter yesterday and saw where the blower motor is on these cars...very easy to get to. Just gather up your tools and go for it.
Old 06-12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_atl View Post
Hey! i replace the motor blower and the motor blower resistor as well and it's still working. any idea would be appreciated
Old 06-12-10
Saabista

My Saabs: Black on black '97 Saab 3-door SE Turbo

The first thing i would have done is to check the motor wires with a voltmeter before spending $200 on a motor. If the wires don't have 12 VDC on them. the motor won't run. Then I'd connect 12 VDC to the motor and if it runs it's ok. Then you have to trace back to see why there is no voltage. Maybe the Fan Speed Controller, but who knows without doing some testing... Ron
Old 06-12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97 Saab SE Turbo View Post
The first thing i would have done is to check the motor wires with a voltmeter before spending $200 on a motor. If the wires don't have 12 VDC on them. the motor won't run. Then I'd connect 12 VDC to the motor and if it runs it's ok. Then you have to trace back to see why there is no voltage. Maybe the Fan Speed Controller, but who knows without doing some testing... Ron
Thanks for the quick reply. I got lucky i didn't spend $200 i got a used one from ebay for $40, and after testing mine it turns out to be working also. At least i have a spare one. I got a new blower motor resistor because the one that was in there was kind of rusty. I test the connector on the resistor that go on the blower motor with a light bulb tester and i got juice. Check the fuses and they are all good, swap the relay nothing. It's really weird.
Old 06-12-10

Quote:
Do you know where the fan speed controller located? And do you have a picture of what it looks like. Thanks
Old 06-12-10
Saabista

Here's a good link. About half way down, there's a link to Dmitri's site on where the module is located. But the entire link is good for testing the fan control module... Ron

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=121710
Old 06-12-10

Quote:
Here's a good link. About half way down, there's a link to Dmitri's site on where the module is located. But the entire link is good for testing the fan control module... Ron

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=121710
Thanks for the link it's very useful but don't say where the fan speed controller is located. I see where it's located on the 95 but not sure if it's located in the same pot in the 93. Thanks thu
Old 06-12-10
Saabista

See post number 4. Click on the second link... Ron
Old 11-07-12

Join Date: Jun 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2003 arc 95 turbo
Default Same problem but 95 arc 2003

Sorry to,post under someone else's thread but I need help and I know this is the best site. I have a 2003 95 arc 2.3t and I have taken interior dash, glove box out and a part but can not find blower motor........can someone please tell me where it is so I can fix it (and before I send my beloved baby off a cliff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement