Traction control, stability control, and abs light on help!!! - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd October 2010
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2008 93 2.0T 6SPD/MT
Default Traction control, stability control, and abs light on help!!!

Okay, last night I took the car out for a ride with some friends. We decided to be a little stupid and come to a full stop, and rev the car up until it built boost to see if the wheels would spin (which they did a couple of times). After all that excitement, I needed some gas so I went to the Sunoco. As soon as the car stopped by the pump ABS Light, Traction Control Light, and Stability Light Turned on. I later noticed my cruise control doesn't work, and now my steering lock doesn't work either. I tried taking the negative off of the battery for like an hour and as soon as I get back into the car nothing has changed. Someone help before I have to drive two hours to the nearest Saab dealer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd October 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: wife's 04 9-3, my 9-3, fd3s in garage

I'd make an educated guess that you've learned not to do anything stupid again?

A little confused what you mean by revving the car and building boost to see if the wheels would spin? What are you driving an auto or stick? Did you drop the clutch, rev the car in neutral and then drop it into gear or did you just try to do a brakestand?
Old 3rd October 2010
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_maine aero View Post
I'd make an educated guess that you've learned not to do anything stupid again?

A little confused what you mean by revving the car and building boost to see if the wheels would spin? What are you driving an auto or stick? Did you drop the clutch, rev the car in neutral and then drop it into gear or did you just try to do a brakestand?
Yeah, and its an auto, and basically floor gas and hold brake and then when boost gague fills let go of the gas
Old 3rd October 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9 2.0T Custom E85 tune by JZW
Garage

2 winters ago I was in a bad ice storm, losing traction like crazy, and could not get up a hill. the abs, traction control etc lights came on. I got home disconnected the battery for 30+ mins nothing fixed it. I slept on it. went outside the next day started it up and everything was fine. I hope this happens to be the case with your car! Otherwise it may just be coincidence. Maybe you broke an ABS sensor or something like that. I would pull the codes on your car and see what comes up.
Old 3rd October 2010
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabstory34 View Post
2 winters ago I was in a bad ice storm, losing traction like crazy, and could not get up a hill. the abs, traction control etc lights came on. I got home disconnected the battery for 30+ mins nothing fixed it. I slept on it. went outside the next day started it up and everything was fine. I hope this happens to be the case with your car! Otherwise it may just be coincidence. Maybe you broke an ABS sensor or something like that. I would pull the codes on your car and see what comes up.
thanks man i hope so too, but i kept the battery off all day today and still nothing i did 35 miles today too and still nothing. looks like i'm going to take a ride down to Lauderdale this weekend to the dealer and have a look see.
Old 3rd October 2010
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06AeroTurbo View Post
thanks man i hope so too, but i kept the battery off all day today and still nothing i did 35 miles today too and still nothing. looks like i'm going to take a ride down to Lauderdale this weekend to the dealer and have a look see.
As im not a fan of STEALERships, I would say take it to autozone/pepboys/checker etc (whatever you have close) and see if they can pull the fault code, because they will do it for free. stealerships around here seem to think its worth charging a half hour labor charge just to pull codes. Just my two cents, unless of course you are under warranty.

Then do a little research see if its something you can fix on your own, and if not find a good independent saab mechanic as you will probably pay a hell of a lot less.
Old 4th October 2010
SaabNut!

Quote:
As im not a fan of STEALERships, I would say take it to autozone/pepboys/checker etc (whatever you have close) and see if they can pull the fault code, because they will do it for free. stealerships around here seem to think its worth charging a half hour labor charge just to pull codes. Just my two cents, unless of course you are under warranty.

Then do a little research see if its something you can fix on your own, and if not find a good independent saab mechanic as you will probably pay a hell of a lot less.
Well, I myself am a mechanic, but I have an ABS check tool thats only for cars 97-2005 and Saab is not covered. But dang I didn't know that they would do it for free? Thanks Man +++ for that info!
Old 5th October 2010
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Quote:
Well, I myself am a mechanic, but I have an ABS check tool thats only for cars 97-2005 and Saab is not covered. But dang I didn't know that they would do it for free? Thanks Man +++ for that info!
they should even reset the light for you. At least all the ones out here do. And if not, swing by my place Ill do it for free, you will just have to CO Good luck, I hope its something easy!
Old 5th October 2010
SaabNut!

Quote:
they should even reset the light for you. At least all the ones out here do. And if not, swing by my place Ill do it for free, you will just have to CO Good luck, I hope its something easy!
Haha yeah i'll just put glue some wings to the side of my car and put a jet engine in my car and see u in about a few hours? jk, but yeah man thanks for your help! this site used to be more active but it's slowly dying. -__-
Old 5th October 2010
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Quote:
Haha yeah i'll just put glue some wings to the side of my car and put a jet engine in my car and see u in about a few hours? jk, but yeah man thanks for your help! this site used to be more active but it's slowly dying. -__-
I think the lack of a search function is the death of this site, it makes it to hard to do any research BLAH BLAH, I know some moderator will chime in about the search thread lalalalala, but its not anywhere close to the same. Keep us updated on the trouble codes, and what happens with the ride. I just had to put new struts on mine which I didnt have the money for, so I said EFFIT and went with H&R springs, and Konis LOL if im broke I might as well go all out right?
Old 5th October 2010
SaabNut!

Quote:
I think the lack of a search function is the death of this site, it makes it to hard to do any research BLAH BLAH, I know some moderator will chime in about the search thread lalalalala, but its not anywhere close to the same. Keep us updated on the trouble codes, and what happens with the ride. I just had to put new struts on mine which I didnt have the money for, so I said EFFIT and went with H&R springs, and Konis LOL if im broke I might as well go all out right?
Sounds like you went on some cash route therre! Well if you get sick of them, i;ll take them off your hands, and you can send them down here to sunny south florida and i'll send you my stockies
Old 6th October 2010
SaabNut!

Well here's some bad news, ABS computers from autozone or a parts store's around here cant help me. The only way to reset it is through Tech 2.... grr
Old 29th March 2011

Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Saab 9-3
Default mpg traction stability abs issues

Looks like we're having the same problem. Do you live in a cold climate with lots of ice/ snow? I do as well (Vermont, USA).

Any ideas as to what could have caused the problem? At first I thought it was a pothold but when I think back it started after my tires were trying to get out of a lot of snow/ ice.

What did you end up doing to get the lights to go off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement