Doors unlock but won't lock - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 22nd August 2010

Join Date: Aug 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3
Default Doors unlock but won't lock

2007 9-3 sedan ... I can unlock all four doors with the remote, or with the switch on driver's door, or with the switch on passenger door. But I cannot LOCK the doors with remote or either switch. The only way I can lock the doors is manually. I have two remotes, same behavior with each one. I can't find any fuse listed int he Owners Manual that says "door locks" or any similar name. Again, the doors will UNLOCK with the remote or switches, but they won't LOCK.

Any ideas? I'm guessing perhaps a bad relay somewhere, since the problem occurs with two remotes and two switches -- that would seem to rule out a remote problem, or a switch problem.

Can anyone tell me which relay & where to find it? Or a fuse location/number?

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23rd August 2010

Join Date: Jul 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3 Linear

Are you getting a lock failure on the CID?

I occasionally get the failure and my rear passenger door does not respond to the key fob or the lock/unlock switch on the driver's side door.

I hope someone can shed light on this.
Old 23rd August 2010

Join Date: Jan 2009                                                
My Saabs: 06 Saab 9-3 SS, 05 Chevy Cobalt Ls/TC

same issue here with a 2006 right rear door...but it doesnt happen all the time...unlocks fine but sometimes doesnt lock

Old 23rd August 2010

Join Date: Aug 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3

No lock failure on the CID. weaponsloader and mrsilent, it sounds like you have a slightly different problem than mine. On my car, all four doors fail to lock. It was intermittent for a short time (couple days) but now it is permanent (well, until I fix it).

Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement